Textbook Loan Program (TLP)
The Textbook Loan Program has moved to Room 3514!
The Textbook Loan Program is a free service to eligible MiraCosta college students.Our goal is to assist as many eligible student as possible. However, be informed that our inventory is limited and we may not have any of the books you request, therefore we encourage you to explore multiple options for getting your books.
Important TLP Application Dates
Summer 2017 - The application will become available on May 1, 2017 through your SURF account. You must be enrolled in summer term classes before you can apply.
Fall 2017 - The application will become available on July 15, 2017 through your SURF account. You must be enrolled in fall semester classes before you can apply.
Have the title, author, edition and price information ready for each of the textbooks you’ll be requesting.
1 Go to www.miracosta.edu.
2. Click on SURF.
3. Enter your SURF ID and Password.
4. From your Student Center select "Enrollment: Add” from the drop down menu under “enrollment actions” and click the go icon.
5. Select the appropriate semester/term, then click on “Continue”.
6. Scroll down and click on “Apply” in the “TextBook Loan Application” box.
7. Complete the following sections:
- Goal and Income Information
- Book Request Detail
- List required textbooks only. You may list up to 4 books, but may only be loaned one or two. The Textbook Loan Program does not offer textbooks that are one-time-use or online access codes.
- Electronic Signature (use the format below)
- Last Name, First Name
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation with detailed information.
Application Review Process
We begin to process textbook loan applications two weeks before the start of each term/semester. Once your application is processed, you will receive an e-mail notification with the status of your application.
If we have books available to loan you, you will have 5 business days to pick them up from the time you receive the e-mail notification. Books that are not picked up within 5 business days, will be made available to other students.
Book Return Instructions
All book returns must be made at the Textbook Loan Program Office during regular hours of operation or at the EOPS office. If you were loaned texbooks in previous semesters and did not return them, you may have a hold on your records.
To avoid a hold on your records, return books as soon as you are done with final examinations.
Any damaged or lost books will be replaced at the expense of the borrower. For more information please call us at 760.757.2121 x6421
Location / Office Hours
The Textbook Loan Program Office is located in Room 3514 at the Oceanside Campus.
.Summer 2017 Hours
- Hours are subject to change. Please call 760.757.2121 Ext. 6421 to confirm hours.