Employee Benefits Program
Full-time & Part-time Permanent Employees
MiraCosta College offers an array of benefits to employees working 20 or more hours per week in a benefit eligible position. The program provides 100% district paid medical, dental and vision premiums for all eligible employees/retirees and eligible dependents.
Employees also receive a $250 monthly benefit allowance if the Kaiser health plan is elected OR a $75 monthly benefit allowance if the PPO health plan is elected. The benefit allowance may be used to purchase any of the voluntary benefit options, health care and/or dependent daycare flexible spending account.
- 2016/17 Benefit Program Options
- Video - Benefit Program Options Explained
- Quick Reference Summary (PDF)
- Privacy Notice (PDF)
Associate Faculty & Temporary Hourly Employees
Health Insurance & Voluntary Benefit Options
Other Fringe Benefits
- Sick, vacation, holiday pay, and personal days*
- Free & confidential employee assistance program for most employees and their immediate family members
- Participation in the State Teachers’ Retirement (faculty) or Public Employee Retirement System (classified)
- Participation in the District’s Early Retirement Program*
- Faculty Professional Development
- Career Incentive Program (classified)
- MiraCosta Enrollment Fee Reimbursement for Employees
- Childcare Facility - Child Development Center
* Applicable to employees working 20 or more hours per week in a benefit eligible position.
This summary of benefits is informational only and is not a complete description of all applicable conditions. Benefits are subject to change pursuant to District policy.