Long Term Disability
The LTD benefit pays 66 2/3% of an eligible employee’s monthly earnings to a maximum of $7,000 per month. There is a 90 day waiting period. The District pays 100% of the premium.
Short Term Disability
This benefit provides a source of income if you are unable to work due to a short-term illness or injury. To be eligible for this benefit, you must work at least 30 hours per week in a benefit eligible position.
- Fourteen day waiting period for absences due to illness
- Immediate benefit for absence due to injury
- Max $2,000 monthly benefit for up to six months
- Benefit paid regardless of any other insurance
- Cannot replace more than 80% of your gross annual salary
- One year waiting period if disability is caused by a pre-existing condition
- Ten month waiting period for pregnancy
- Excludes work injuries
- Taxable benefit If paying for plan with District allowance
Insurance Carrier: AFLAC
This summary of benefits is informational only and is not a complete description of all applicable conditions. Coverage and plan offerings are subject to change in subsequent years pursuant to District policy.