Long Term Disability
The LTD benefit pays 66 2/3% of an eligible employee’s monthly earnings to a maximum of $7,000 per month. There is a 90 day waiting period. The District pays 100% of the premium.
Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha Plaza
Omaha, NE 68175-0001
Short Term Disability
This benefit provides a source of income if you are unable to work due to a short-term illness or injury. To be eligible for this benefit, you must work at least 20 hours per week in a benefit eligible position.
- Fourteen day waiting period for absences due to illness
- Immediate benefit for absence due to injury
- Maximum six month benefit
- Maximum $2,000 monthly benefit
- Benefit paid regardless of any other insurance
- Cannot replace more than 80% of your gross salary
- One year waiting period if disability is caused by a pre-existing condition
- Ten month waiting period for pregnancy
- Excludes work injuries
- If paying for benefit with District allowance, benefit will be taxable (on amount of benefit received otherwise not taxable).
Insurance Carrier: AFLAC
Representative: Bob Waite, (760) 931-1115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This summary of benefits is informational only and is not a complete description of all applicable conditions. Coverage and plan offerings are subject to change in subsequent years pursuant to District policy.