Budget and Planning Committee
The Budget and Planning Committee (BPC) is responsible for formulating and recommending to the appropriate councils policies and procedures related to institutional, strategic, and integrated planning, accreditation, grants and gifts, and budget management and preparation. BPC is also responsible for recommending tentative and final budgets, strategic and master plans, grant proposals, and resource allocation processes to the appropriate council(s) or to the Vice President, Business and Administrative Services.
Co-chaired by a faculty member appointed by the Academic Senate president and an administrator appointed by the Administrative Council. The faculty co-chair may serve for three years, nonrenewable. No term limits on the administrative co-chair.
Twenty-seven members including twelve faculty members (includes co-chair), seven administrators (includes co-chair), seven classified staff members, and one student, each selected by the appropriate governance council.
Terms of Membership
- Administrators: no term limit
- 3-year term for faculty co-chair (nonrenewable - 3 consecutive years total)
- All others: 2-year terms for regular members (renewable twice - 6 consecutive years total)
First and third Fridays of each month, 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. and the occasional fifth Friday, if needed.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) on Grants
- Redesign Budget & Planning Committee (BPC) Portal
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) on Facilities (completed)
- Resource Category Plan (RCP) Reporting Form (completed)
- Increase credibility and dependability of BPC and communicating the outcomes of the program review (PR) plan ranking process
- a) Define PR process feedback to plan writers
- b) Insure this information is communicated back to PR plan writers
- c) Create a form using the RCP Subcommittee reporting form as a template