Gold Circle Club
In accordance with Board Policy VI.I and Procedure VI.1-02.b, the names of those retirees who meet the qualifications shall be forwarded to the Board of Trustees for approval of Gold Circle membership.
Gold Circle Club membership shall be granted to retired or retiring classified employees of the College who are at least 50 years of age and have been employees of the College for at least ten years. Gold Circle members will receive appropriate recognition including a certificate of membership and appreciation, and may be granted other benefits such as college parking, library "friend" status and free or reduced-price admission to athletic, performing arts and scholarly functions.
All employees who retire during or at the end of the 1987-88 fiscal year and thereafter will be eligible for consideration for Gold Circle Club membership. Employees who retired prior to 1987-88 may apply for consideration or may be nominated for consideration by a current employee.
When an employee retires, the retiree will be recognized (regardless of Gold Circle status) at the End-of-the-Year Luncheon (during the year of an employee's retirement) with a:
- Free admission to the EOY luncheon (paid by Classified Senate)
- Unframed, un-matted, art print (currently watercolor art prints by MiraCosta artist Kris Nugent)
- Framed certificate of appreciation of years of service, signed by Senate President.
Additionally, those eligible for Gold Circle status will receive (after Board approval) a Gold Circle packet, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Gold Circle Club Membership Letter
- Gold Circle Membership Card
- Free parking sticker
- Library Card – Friend status
- Discount admission to athletic, theater and other functions