Classified Professional Development
For the 2014-15 fiscal year, approximately $25,000 has been allocated for classified professional development. Types of activities that qualify for these funds are workshops, seminars, conferences, webinars, trainings and even online courses (book costs are not included only registration fees).
Guidelines (updated 11/18/14)
- Funds may be used towards the total cost of the requested activity.
- To be eligible for funding, all activities must be either:
- Job Enhancement (specifically relates directly to existing job position)
- Professional Growth and Enrichment Related ( technology courses; courses to increase productivity and efficiency; to acquire new knowledge or skill set related to their position or work environment and test preparation courses**)
- **Test preparation courses determination of eligibility will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the committee
- Classified employees (Regular = both probationary and permanent monthly, not temporary/hourly) are eligible to receive up to $500 per year for professional development activities. Those serving as ‘interim’ are also eligible to apply for funds. Classified Administrators are ineligible to request and/or receive funds through this program. Funds will be allocated on a first-come basis until depleted.
- Ineligible activities/items are testing fees,
audio, visual, books or other course materials
Getting Started - Request Procedures
- Complete the Classified Professional Development Request for Funds form (link below).
- Complete a district Travel Request/Claim Form with ALL expenses and other funding sources to be used listed, if necessary.
- Attach ALL receipts, confirmations and/or registration materials for the activity.
- Obtain ALL required signatures. The request for funds form must be initialed by your Supervisor(s) AND the division Vice President and/or designee must approve and sign the travel request/claim form PRIOR to submission to the Classified Professional Development Committee AND in advance of the activity.
- Return all required documentation to Lori Schneider, Chair @ MS#11A.
Transportation, mileage, and food are acceptable costs if District criteria and guidelines are met. For more information relating to district policies and driver authorization and guidelines, please refer to the Risk Management and Fiscal Services websites.
Requesters will normally receive official notification regarding the status of submitted requests within three (3) business days.
Upon completion of the approved activity, an Evaluation form (link below) is to be submitted.
Not Sure What Types of Activities There Are?
The following companies are just a few of the many who offer job training and/or enhancement opportunities. Training companies include, but are not limited to:
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Schneider at x6637.