Classified Professional Development
External Activities (formerly Travel)
For FY14, approximately $24,000 is available for classified professional development.
- Funds may be used towards the total cost of the requested activity.
- All activities must be job enhancement and/or job enrichment specific to be eligible for funding.
- Classified employees* are eligible to receive up to $500 per year for professional development activities.
- Funds will be allocated on a first-come basis until depleted.
*‘Regular (both probationary and permanent) monthly (not temporary/hourly) classified employees’. Those serving as ‘interim’ are also eligible to apply for funds. Classified Administrators are ineligible to request and/or receive funds through this program.
Getting Started - Request Procedures
- Complete the Classified Professional Development Request for Funds form (link below).
- Complete a district Travel Request/Claim Form with ALL expenses and other funding sources to be used listed, if necessary.
- Attach ALL receipts, confirmations and/or registration materials for the activity.
- Obtain ALL required signatures. The request for funds form must be initialed by your Supervisor(s) AND the division Vice President and/or designee must approve and sign the travel request/claim form PRIOR to submission to the Classified Professional Development Committee AND in advance of the activity.
- Return all required documentation to Lori Schneider @ MS#11A.
Please note: Meal allowances are NOT allowed unless participant stays overnight no matter what the duration of the activity is. Mileage will NOT be allowed unless participant is an approved authorized driver for the district. For more information relating to driver authorization, please refer to the Risk Management website.
Requesters will normally receive official notification regarding the status of submitted requests within three (3) business days.
Upon completion of the approved activity, an Evaluation form is to be submitted.
Not Sure What Types of Activities There Are?
The following companies are just a few of the many who offer job training and/or enhancement opportunities. Click here for samples of current workshops.
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Schneider at x6637.