Classified Professional Development
For FY17, approximately $61,000 is available for permanent classified employees to use for professional development activities.
The ultimate goal of these funds is to help classified employees develop, achieve, educate, promote, and learn while enhancing their skill sets. Requests are now being accepted.
- These funds can be used towards registration fees and all other approved costs (transportation, lodging, mileage, and food are acceptable costs if District criteria and guidelines are met) associated with conferences, workshops, seminars, online courses/classes (tuition only), retreats and training activities just to name a few. For more information relating to district policies and driver authorization and guidelines, please refer to the Risk Management and Fiscal Services websites.
- To be eligible for funding, all activities must be either:
- CATEGORY I - Job Enhancement (activities specifically relating to current/existing job position)
- CATEGORY II - Professional Growth and Enrichment Related (includes technology courses; courses to increase productivity and efficiency; to acquire new knowledge or skill set related to their position or work environment and test preparation courses.) ** Determination of eligibility for test preparation courses will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the committee.
- Funding will be provided of up to $400 per category with a maximum of $800*. Employees have the option to request the entire allotment for one activity if desired. All requests for funding regardless of amount requested should be submitted for consideration. *Special Consideration will be given to requests requiring additional funding on a case-by-case basis. Testing fees, Audio, Visual, Books or other course materials are ineligible costs.
Getting Started - Request Procedures
- Complete the Classified Professional Development Request for Funds form (link below) and complete a district Travel Request/Claim Form with ALL expenses listed and other funding account string(s) to be used, if necessary. Obtain all signatures, include all paperwork, receipts, activity information, and completed registration materials.
- Return all required documentation (the request packet) to Lori Schneider, Chair @ MS#11A.
- Requesters will normally receive official notification regarding the status of submitted requests within three (3) business days. Upon completion of the approved activity, an Evaluation form (link below) is to be submitted.
Not Sure What Types of Activities There Are?
The following companies are just a few of the many who offer job training and/or enhancement opportunities. Training companies include, but are not limited to:
If you have any questions, please contact Lori Schneider, Chair, Classified Professional Development, External Program Activities at x6637.