Classification Review Committee
Classified Senate Employee Manual H.1.1 Classification Review Committee (CRC)
CRC is a subcommittee of the Classified Senate Council and is comprised of six classified employees with staggered two (2)-year terms, with exception of the prior year's chairperson, who shall continue on for a third year. All committee members are voting members. All committee members must attend a mandatory orientation and training session with the District’s consultant in order to serve on the committee.
It is the responsibility of CRC to review and make recommendations on classifications of new positions, reclassification of existing positions, job title modifications, and temporary reclassifications. Classification reviews are personnel issues and as such are confidential.
The CRC members evaluate classified job descriptions by applying factors and points based upon the job evaluation point plan.
Upon completion of point assignments, the CRC chair and the Director of Human Resources will forward and present the committee’s recommendation to the following members of the superintendent/president’s cabinet for consideration and approval:
B. Vice President of Business and Administrative Services
C. Vice President of Instructional Services
D. Vice President of Student Services
E. Classified Senate President
F. Academic Senate President
Decisions made by CRC are recommendations, as are the recommendations made by the above members of the superintendent/president’s cabinet. The superintendent/president makes the final recommendation to the Board.
The importance of keeping job descriptions accurate and up to date cannot be overemphasized. It is the responsibility of supervisors and employees to ensure that job descriptions are kept current. The Human Resources staff will make changes to official job descriptions, as agreed, and will forward final copies to the employee, supervisor(s), and CRC.
Employees serving on CRC may not evaluate his/her own positions for reclassification.
Classification Review Committee Election
An election shall be held each year in November. Nomination procedures shall be the same as for CSC Representatives. To establish an appointment pool, Classified Senate (CS) members vote for nominees to serve on CRC. The highest vote recipients are selected to the appointment pool. The Classified Senate President will then appoint members from this pool to serve in the vacant positions on the committee for a two-year term. Alternates will also be appointed to the committee, and will serve if a vacancy should occur. The CRC appointees are reviewed and ratified by the Classified Senate Council. All appointees will be announced after ratification and/or at the November Classified Senate General Meeting and officially recorded in the Classified Senate highlights.
In making appointments to CRC, desirability of obtaining cross-divisional representation from a broad range of Classified positions is considered.
CRC will recommend a Chair annually to the Classified Senate President for approval. Members become eligible to chair the committee once they have completed their first full year of service.
Should a short-term (six months or less) vacancy occur in the CRC, the Classified Senate President in consultation with the CRC Chair will appoint a replacement who has prior CRC experience, and will notify the Classified Senate Council of the appointment. Should a long-term (more than six months) vacancy occur, the CS President will appoint a replacement from the pool created by the most recent election. If no one is available from the recent pool, a former CRC member will be asked by the CRC Chair, in consultation with the CS President, to fill the vacancy until a new member is elected in November and completes the orientation/training process. Any long-term appointment will be ratified by CSC.
2013 Committee Members
- Janine Washabaugh [Chair] – term expires 2013, then will serve as Past Chair through 2014
- Glenn Joiner [Past Chair] – term expires 2013
- Beverly Felt [returning member] – term expired 2013
- Sara Casetti [new member] - term expired 2014
- Sayaka Neal [new member] - term expired 2014
- Taylor Tirona [new member] - term expired 2014
2012 Committee Members
- Glenn Joiner [Chair] – term expires 2012, then will serve as Past Chair through 2013
- Debby Adler – [Past Chair] - term expires 2012
- Wendy Antonetti [returning member] – term expires 2012
- Beverly Felt [new member] – term expired 2013
- John Permetti [returning member] – term expires 2012
- Janine Washabaugh [new member] – term expired 2013
2011 Committee Members
- Debby Adler – [Chair] - term expired 2011 - Past Chair through 2012
- Julie Bollerud – [Past Chair] - term expired 2011
- Chris Harrell [returning member] – term expired 2011
- Glenn Joiner [new member] – term expired 2012
- John Permetti [new member] – term expired 2012
- Wendy Antonetti [new member] – term expired 2012
2010 Committee Members
- Julie Bollerud: [Chair] – term expired 2010 - Past Chair through 2011
- Ann Quebedeaux: [Past Chair] – term expired 2010
- Penny Jacobson: [returning member] – term expired 2010
- Kathy Thiele: [returning member] – term expired 2010
- Debbie Adler: [new member] – term expired 2011
- Chris Harrell: [new member] - term expired 2011
2009 Committee Members
- Ann Quebedeaux: [Chair] – term expires 2009 - Past Chair through 2010
- Dana Ledet: [Past Chair] – term expired 2009
- Karen Johnson: [returning member] – term expired 2009
- Penny Jacobson: [new member] – term expired 2010
- Kathy Thiele: [new member] – term expired 2010
- Julie Bollerud: [new member] – term expired 2010
2008 Committee Members
- Dana Ledet [Chair] - term expired 2008 - Past Chair through 2009
- Lori Schneider [Past Chair] - term expired 2008
- Penny Jacobson [returning member] - term expired 2008
- Carol Wilkinson [returning member] - term expired 2008
- Karen Johnson [new member] - term expired 2009
- Ann Quebedeaux [new member] - term expired 2009
2007 Committee Members
- Lori Schneider [Chair] - term expired 2007 - Past Chair through 2008
- Peggy Stroika [Past Chair] - term expired 2007
- Mike Urbach [returning member] - term expired 2007
- Penny Jacobson [new member] - term expired 2008
- Dana Ledet [new member] - term expired 2008
- Carol Wilkinson [new member] - term expired 2008