Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
The MiraCosta College District Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (ICBOC) is appointed to oversee the "bond proceeds" from the $455 million bond Measure MM which passed in November 2016.
The purpose of the Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee is to (1) inform the public about the expenditure of bond revenues, (2) review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction, and (3) advise the public as to the MiraCosta Community College District’s compliance with Proposition 39 requirements as contained in the California Constitution.
The activities of the committee will include the following:
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent performance audit.
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent financial audit.
- Inspect school facilities and grounds to ensure that bond revenues are expended properly.
- Receive and review copies of any deferred maintenance proposals or plans developed by the MiraCosta Community College District.
- Review efforts by the MiraCosta Community College District to maximize bond revenues by implementing cost-saving measures.
- Debbie Barnum
San Diego Taxpayers’ Association
- Raye Clendening
MiraCosta College Support Organization (retired school administrator)
- Richard High
Community at Large (retired publisher)
- William V. Howe
Community at Large
- Jade MacEoghain
- Josh Mazur
Business Representative (Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce)
- Kris Powell
Senior Citizens’ Representative
There are not currently any vacancies on the Committee at this time. However, interested members of the public may apply to serve on the Committee at any time. Learn more at miracosta.edu/ICBOCApp.
Meetings are held monthly on the second Tuesday of the month from 2 p.m.-4 p.m. Agenda, minutes and other supporting documents are posted on this website.
To contact a member of the Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, please email ICBOC Coordinator.
Tim Flood, Vice President
Melanie Haynie, Executive Assistant