Business and Technology
Are you interested in careers that take a robust empirical and practical approach to helping businesses become successful and solvent? Are you interested in hands-on careers that are relevant to today’s economy? The Business and Technology ACP will teach you current business practices and technical skills that will open doors to the business and technology-based careers that drive the economy of today and tomorrow.
- Our areas of study in business will teach you how to plan, organize, and execute industry-relevant skills that require ethics and operations management in the fields of finance, accounting, sales, marketing, hospitality, and entrepreneurship whether you are aspiring to work for a corporation or own your own business.
- Our hands-on technology-related areas of study will teach you how to develop office technical skills, design new products, perform architectural drafting, provide computer support, manage and ensure the security of computer networks, develop web applications, design multimedia productions, or maintain and repair cars.
Careers in Business and Technology *
- Accountants, bookkeepers, tax preparers, marketing specialists, market analysts, social media specialists, e-commerce specialists, financial managers, entrepreneurs, and operational managers and supervisors.
- Administrative assistants, hotel managers, front and back office managers, and event planners.
- Help desk support, cyber security, computer support specialists, network support specialists, network administrators, computer systems analysts, security analysts, data analysts, and information technology managers.
- Graphic designers, web designers, and web developers.
- Architectural drafters, engineering technicians, and product developers.
- Automotive mechanics and auto parts specialists.
*Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Nick Soultanian was hooked the moment his father took him to a tech exposition when Soultanian was a middle schooler. Today, the education he’s receiving at MiraCosta College is preparing the 19-year-old Carlsbad resident for a future career in the booming computer science industry.
"I feel like I'm learning a lot," said Soultanian, who spent the summer following his freshman year interning with the MiraCosta College AIS department. "The environment here is excellent, I feel like I'm able to talk to people, and I have yet to find a bad instructor."
Soultanian said his decision to attend MiraCosta College was simple enough. The Oceanside Campus was just a few miles from home, he didn't want the burden of student loans needed to put him through four years at a university, and the Computer Science program had an excellent reputation. READ MORE ABOUT NICK.
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Income Tax Professional|
|Automotive Technology||Automotive Technology||MAP|
|Automotive Alignment, Brakes and Suspension|
|Automotive Electronics, Computers & Emissions and/or HVAC|
|Automotive Quick Service Assistant|
|Automotive Repair: Drive-Train Specialists|
|Basic Engine Performance|
|California Smog Check Technician|
|Business Administration||Business Administration for Transfer||MAP|
|Social Media for Business|
|Business Office Technology||Administrative Professional||MAP|
|Computer Science||Computer Programming Fundamentals|
|Computer Studies & Information Technology||Business Information Worker (BIW)|
|Business Productivity Software Applications|
|Certiport IC3 Digital Literacy|
|Certiport Microsoft Office|
|CompTIA IT Core Essentials|
|Computer Applications User|
|Internet and E-Commerce|
|Management Information Systems (MIS)|
|Design||3D Modeling and Prototyping|
|Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
|Engineering Design Graphics|
|Dining Room Operations|
|Food Service Operations|
|Front Office Operations|
|Meeting and Event Management|
|Room Division Management|
|Liberal Arts: Business & Technology||Liberal Arts: Business & Technology|
|Media Arts & Technologies||Digital and Print Publishing|
|Video and Animation|
|Video and Media Design|
|Web Development and Design||MAP|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.
Not Sure which major to choose? Explore your options here.