Regardless of which sFTP client you choose, the first time you connect to the server you may receive a warning that the identity of the server cannot be verified. Acknowledge the message and a cookie/file/registry setting will be automatically written to your computer, identifying the server. Once this is complete, you will no longer receive the warning message.
|Transferring using Dreamweaver (MAC OS or Windows)|
|Transferring using Fugu (MAC OS)||WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL|
|Transferring using WinSCP (Windows)||WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL|
To transfer files from your computer to the MCCWeb server, complete the following:
Fugu, a free sFTP application for MAC OS, is available for download at the University Of Michigan's IT Central Services' website (http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/) and can transfer files from your computer to the MCCWeb server. After downloading and installing Fugu, complete the following:
Fugu supports drag and drop; you can pick up a file and drag it into the other pane. You can also pick up file(s) from anywhere on your hard drive and drag it into the pane.
Transferring using WinSCP (Windows)
WinSCP, a free sFTP application for Windows, is available at MiraCosta for download to transfer files from your computer to the MCCWeb server. After downloading and installing WinSCP, complete the following:
- Open WinSCP.
- Note: You may see an alert indicating that the host key and cached key do not match. If so, simply click the Yes button to accept the new key. Otherwise, continue to step 2.
- In the WinSCP Login panel, enter the following values:
- Host name: www.miracosta.edu
- User name: usa\yourusername (for example: usa\gjetson)
- Password: your email account's password
- In the Protocol section, select SFTP.
- In the left window pane within the Environment section, click Directories.
- In the Directories section within the Remote directory section, enter the following information:
home:/ -- include the colon and slash.
- Click Login.
- Click OK.
- To transfer files, simply select the files from the Local Files window and drag them over to the left Remote Files window.
Please contact the Employee Technology Help Desk (https://portal.miracosta.edu/) with any questions or issues about this process (firstname.lastname@example.org, 760.795.6850 or, x6850).