The Business Administration program (BUS) offers theoretical and practical courses for students planning to transfer as business majors, career and technical courses leading to certificates of proficiency and achievement, as well as courses to improve workplace skills. Business Administration, along with Accounting and Hospitality, comprise the MiraCosta College Business Department.
Career opportunities in business include accounting, marketing, finance, small business development, and management positions in retail, service, manufacturing, government, and nonprofit organizations.
** FREE Business Coaching on the Oceanside Campus Every Thursday! **
Do you have a business idea you’d like to develop? What about a side-hustle you want to make your main hustle? Working on your own entrepreneurial venture? Check out the SBDC Office Hours on the Oceanside Campus!. SBDC counselors are in the Maker Lab (OC4532) every Thursday from 12-1pm. Coaching is FREE and counselors can provide assistance to anyone. No appointment necessary.
Join Our Email List:
Business Administration Links
- ACCT/BUS Brochure / BUS Course Outlines / Accounting/Business Club
- Business Administration Instructor QUICK LINKS: Burns, Chamberlain, Clarke, Cole, Drasco, Green, Horner, Kalescky, Mohareri, Sharp, Smith, Soza, Wadeson
- ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?: 1) Teaching a course, online or on-campus; 2) Volunteering to be a guest speaker for a course; 3) Offering a field trip at your business; 4) Hiring a student intern (paid or unpaid); 5) Volunteering to be a business plan judge; or 6) Becoming an Advisory Board member for either the ACCT/BUS or HOSP programs. If so, submit our interest form.
- MiraCosta QUICK LINKS: A-Z Index, Academic Calendar, Apply/Enroll, Campus Maps, Course Outlines, Financial Aid, Foundation, Library, PIO, Schedules/Catalogs, Scholarships
- Make a Tax-Deductible Charitable Donation to the Business Dept (ACCT, BUS, and HOSP) Choose "Business Program" in the "Designation" drop-down menu.
- A.S. in Business Administration for Transfer
- A.A. in Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, or Retail Management (Certificate of Achievement requirements plus Plan A GE courses)
- Certificates of Achievement (18+ units): Entrepreneurship; Management; Marketing; Retail Management, Social Media for Business
- Certificates of Proficiency (<18 units): Business Fundamentals; Entrepreneurship Fundamentals; Project Management; Retail Assistant
MiraCosta Certificates with Business Administration Requirements
M/S 21, 4800 Bldg
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056-3899
Department Chair: Michael Deschamps
Office: Oceanside, Room 4810
P 760.757.2121 x6488
Dean: Al Taccone
Office: Oceanside, Room 4819
Secretary: Monique Reeve
Office: Oceanside, 4604
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. with variable lunch
Office: Oceanside, Room 4813
P 760.757.2121 x6190
Office: Oceanside, Room 4820
P 760.757.2121 x2394
Office: Oceanside, Room 4810
P 760.757.2121 x6399
Email | Website