Career counseling & Assessment
All students should choose their major before they develop their education plan. Choosing a major and a career is a process that can include exploring one’s interests and skills through college classes, internships, volunteer and/or work experiences, as well as leisure activities. To make an appointment call 760.795.6772 or visit Bldg.4700 on the Oceanside campus.
Meet with a Career Counselor to help you choose a major and explore careers. It’s helpful to see a Career Counselor if you:
- Need to choose your major before developing your education plan
- Haven’t chosen a major and you’re not sure where to start
- Don’t know what career you would like to pursue
- Would like to confirm a career choice you’ve already made
- Want to make a career change
Career counselors are committed to providing guidance, information, and support to facilitate your career development journey. We focus on YOU and assist you with a process to help you determine your educational and career goals. Remember, this process takes time, so visit us during your first semester at MiraCosta College.
A Career Counselor will help YOU:
- Clarify your interests, personality style, values, and preferred skills
- Explore career information
- Manage your career decision-making process
- Identify potentially satisfying majors and careers
- Create an action plan
- Strengthen job search skills
- Empower you to be an active participant in your career planning journey
Counselor Interpreted Assessments
Career counselors will meet individually with you to discuss your unique goals and experiences and to offer additional assessments and resources to guide your career decision-making process. Call the Career Center at 760.795.6772 to schedule an appointment with a career counselor.
Password Protected Sites
The Career Center offers programs to help you explore majors and careers. Please call 760.795.6772 or stop by Bldg.4700 on the Oceanside campus to get your password.
- Career Cruising
- "Career Matchmaker" assessment will clsrify your interests and connect them to related occupations. "My Skills" assessment matches your skills to careers.
- The "Careers" link is a database of hundreds of occupatins that include job descriptions, working conditions, education, earning, and job outlook. Each description also includes interviews with two professionals working in the field.
- EUREKA Career Information System
- Identify your skills and personality characteristics
- Research occupations and plan your career
- Find schools and training you need
- Find out how to find Financial Aid
- Learn valuable Job Search information
- Vocational Biographies
- With this program, you can career-shadow up to 1,001 persons from across America.
- No Password needed for campus use. Off campus access is with SURF id and Password.