Steps to Enroll
Enrolling in classes requires three steps:
- Apply for admission as a noncredit student.
- Retrieve your SURF ID (student ID), and set the password.
- Register (enroll) for the class.
1) Apply for Admission as Noncredit Student
If you were not enrolled in a NONCREDIT class during Spring 2018 at MiraCosta, you will need to complete the Noncredit Application. (Note that credit and noncredit have different applications.) Please read and follow all the instructions on the application page. You can access a video tutorial on completing the application here.
It can take 3-4 days for applications to be processed.
If you have problems with the application process, please contact Noncredit Admissions & Records at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also chat with a staff person here.
2) Retrieve SURF (Student) ID
- Once your application is processed you will need to retrieve your SURF ID and Password.
- Once you have your SURF ID and password, you can register for the class (enroll).
3) Complete Orientation (Adult High School and ESL Only)
Orientation is currently offered online through Canvas and remotely through Zoom. Please email email@example.com for more information or to sign-up for a Zoom session.
4) Register - Enroll for Class Using SURF
Having obtained your SURF ID and password, you are ready to register for your class. Be sure that you are registering for the appropriate class/section number. (Late registration is at the discretion of the instructor and dean and on a space available basis.)
To complete your registration: