MiraCosta College supports international education so students may become productive citizens in a diverse and dynamic world. The college offers a variety of international education programs that are designed to develop and enrich multicultural awareness, intercultural competence, and understanding of global issues and trends through curricula that encompass world cultures and perspectives, and programs which encourage participation in international experiences.
For California students and scholars, MiraCosta College will strive to accomplish the following as resources permit:
- Develop courses of study in as many fields as possible to increase students' understanding of global issues and cultural differences.
- Offer courses in languages other than English to train students to communicate effectively in other cultures and to enhance their understanding of other nations' values.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in study abroad programs to enrich their academic training, perspectives, and personal development.
- Provide opportunities for domestic and international students and faculty to interact effectively and routinely share their views, perceptions, and experiences in educational settings.
- Develop innovative public educational forums and venues to explore global issues and showcase world cultures.
For international students and scholars, MiraCosta College will strive to accomplish the following as resources permit:
- Encourage the presence of qualified students and scholars from other countries to inspire an appreciation for differences among cultures and a deeper understanding of the values and perspectives of other people.
- Facilitate faculty exchange and collaborative partnership programs with institutions in other countries.
- Initiate collaborative research undertakings to address issues of global significance.
- Recruit and retain the world’s best and brightest faculty to educate MiraCosta College students as globally competent citizens.