Language Resource Center
Welcome to MiraCosta's International Languages Resource Center. Our labs in both Oceanside and San Elijo are designed to complement and enhance your learning experience offering you the chance to practice on your own and learn with a variety of audio, video and computer assisted activities in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
- The OCEANSIDE Lab is located in room 4701, 760.757.2121 x6442
- The SAN ELIJO Lab is located in room 508, 760.757.2121 x7721
Oceanside and San Elijo Language Lab Coordinator: Rosa Viramontes 760.757.2121 x6252
Important Announcement: Please check the interactive calendars right below the hours of operation for each lab for more up to date hours of operation and future lab closures. We also post signs on the main Lab doors. It is a highly recommended to view the lab schedule before visiting the Language Labs. These interactive calendars contain important up to date information about language conversation coaches schedules (per language) as well as Lab closures due to whole class visits. These calendars are constantly and diligently updated to better serve our students and faculty members.
Fall 2018 Hours of Operation (8/20/18 - 12/14/18)
- Oceanside Language Lab hours of operation:
- San Elijo Language Lab hours:
Oceanside Language Resource Center: Conversation coaches availability by language
San Elijo Language Resource Center (508): Conversation coaches availability by language:
- Upon arrival to the lab, please use the computer located at the entrance (to the right) to sign in, and a language coach will assist you. This allows us to confirm that you are enrolled in a language class at MCC, and provide attendance records to instructors who request them.
- In order to keep the lab a useful, clean, and inviting learning environment, please observe the following policies:
- Eating, drinking, smoking, or sleeping is not permitted.
- Loud conversations, talking on cell phones or otherwise disruptive behavior is not permitted.
- Please do not deface, damage, attempt to modify, tamper with, or repair the equipment and software available in the lab (notify an attendant if you have any problems).
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this regard and we thank you in advance. If you have any comments, questions, or problems, please don't hesitate to contact the Lab Coordinator listed above.
Links for Instructors
- The Oceanside and San Elijo Labs are open during week #1 of classes and closed only for those instructors who contacted the Lab coordinator about reserving the lab for their class. All other instructors do not have a reserved time.
- HOW TO RESERVE THE LAB FOR YOUR CLASS. Please click below on the lab you want to reserve. Complete and submit your reservation by Thursday, the week before you need your reservation so that proper arrangements can be made and students can be notified of the closing. Once it is processed, you will be able to see it on the Lab Calendars linked from the bottom of this page. If it is not approved, you will receive an email notification.
- Oceanside Lab Reservation Form
- San Elijo Lab Reservation Form
- Oceanside Laboratory Calendar
- San Elijo Laboratory Calendar