Math learning center Appointments
During the fall and spring semesters, MiraCosta credit students can schedule in-person tutoring appointments up to 2 weeks in advance (from the current date) for each enrolled Math and Statistics course. Appointments are scheduled for 25 minutes and availability is based on tutor availability. You can schedule up to two, 25-minute appointments per calendar week [Monday-Saturday] per enrolled course. Once you complete your last appointment for the calendar week for a specific course, you can schedule your next appointment(s) for the following calendar week for the same course. We begin scheduling appointments during the second week of the semester; appointments end during the last full week of the semester (no appointments during finals week).
Cancellation/Late Policy for Math Learning Centers and STEM Learning Centers
- If you cannot keep your appointment you must cancel before the appointment start time, otherwise you will be marked a No Show.
- If you do not arrive for your appointment by 10 minutes past the appointment start time, you will be marked a No Show and the appointment will be cancelled.
Each missed 25-minute appointment will count as a No Show. For example, if you schedule two 25-minute appointments on the same day and you end up missing both appointments, this would count as two No Shows.
- Each student will be given one excused No Show per semester (Math Learning Centers and STEM Learning Centers combined).
- For each additional MLC or STEM No Show you will be blocked from scheduling any additional MLC and STEM appointments for 2 weeks. Drop-in tutoring can still be utilized and same day appointments may be scheduled in person, based on tutor availability.
Make or Cancel Your In-Person Math Learning Center Appointment
Using our Online System
SAN ELIJO APPointments
Students can schedule or cancel their appointments at the Math Learning Centers during open hours.
- For appointments on the Oceanside Campus, call the Oceanside Math Learning Center Desk at 760.757.2121, x6381.
- For appointments on the San Elijo Campus, call the San Elijo Math Learning Center Desk at 760.757.2121, x7781.