Professional Development Program / Flex
Professional Development Program Website is on Canvas!
It's 2019 FALL FLEX WEEK ~ Flex Schedule
To find Dates and Deadlines, Log Into MyFlex, Propose a Flex Workshop, Project Joy, Find Resources / Opportunities for Professional Development, Forms, Information, and much more...visit our Canvas Website
- PDP is the acronym for the Professional Development Program at MiraCosta College: an effort to provide faculty with a comprehensive and systematic program of activities and resources designed to foster staff, student, and/or instructional improvement.
- The PDP Committee develops the local policies and procedures pursuant to our participation in the state's Flexible Calendar Program, a privilege afforded to community colleges whereby insructional time can be replaced by "flex" time on the academic calendar. Thus, PDP-sponsored activities are sometimes referred to as "flex" activities or activities done for "flex" credit.
- The program also sponsors workshops during flex week and throughout each semester, develops the flex calendar, maintains a library of resources and equipment for faculty use, offers funds to support travel to and participation in professional development activities, assists faculty with maintaining their flex transcripts, and provides access to other relevant resources!
Meeting Schedule ~ Agendas / Minutes - 2019 - 2020
The PDP Committee meets the second Friday of each month from 11:30am - 1:30pm.
- September 13, 2019 ~ (Agenda | Minutes)
- October 11, 2019 - (Agenda | Minutes - pending approval)
- November 8, 2019 - (Agenda | Minutes)
- December 13, 2019 - (Agenda | Minutes)
- February TBD - (Agenda | Minutes)
- March 13, 2020 - (Agenda | Minutes)
- April 10, 2020 - (Agenda | Minutes)
- May 8, 2020 - (Agenda | Minutes)