MiraCosta College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), 10 Commercial Boulevard,
Suite 204, Novato, CA, 94949, (415) 506-0234. ACCJC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education and approved by the California State Department of Education Office of Private Post-Secondary Education for training veterans and other eligible persons under the provisions of the GI Bill. The University of California, California State Universities and private universities of high rank give credit for transfer courses completed at MiraCosta College.
MiraCosta College also offers programs of study affiliated with or approved by:
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- California State Colleges and Universities
- California State Department of Education
- Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training
- State Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician Examiners
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- University of California
MiraCosta College makes a solemn pledge of quality assurance and dedication of its resources and processes to foster student success, assess student learning, and pursue institutional excellence.
MiraCosta College commits to a systemic and sustained focus on continuous improvement through self-reflection, collaboration and institution-wide dialogue, assuring the integrity, effectiveness, and quality of our institution.
MiraCosta College has embraced accreditation as an ongoing process designed for institutional improvement. Our progress and efforts to continually improve, including an Accreditation Scorecard, Progress Report and extensive supporting evidence are set forth below in detail.
|Accreditation Scorecard||MiraCosta College Midterm Accreditation Report||Midterm Accreditation Report Appendices|
|Student Learning Outcomes Implementation Report||Student Learning Outcomes Implementation Report Evidence|
|Accreditation Scorecard||MiraCosta College Institutional Follow-up Report #2||Accreditation Evidence|
|Accreditation Reaffirmation||Evaluation Team Report||June 8, 2012 Letter to ACCJC|
- 2011 Official Comments in Response to the Commission’s Public Disclosure Notice (PDF)
- 2011 ACCJC Notice of Accreditation and Accreditation Action Letter (PDF)
- Dr. Rodriguez's June 10, 2011 Comments to the Commission (PDF)
- March 2011 Recommendation #1 Response (PDF)
- 2011 Evaluation Team Report (PDF)
- 2010 Accreditation Process
- 2010 ACCJC Notice of Accreditation and Accreditation Action Letter (PDF)
- 2010 Evaluation Team Report (PDF)
- 2010 Self Study View Now | Download (PDF)
- 2010 Self Study Addendum (PDF)
- Accreditation Employee Survey Results (XLSX)
- Accreditation Student Survey Results (XLSX)
|Substantive Change Report - April 2009||ACCJC Substantive Change Approval - June 2009|