The Grants Office is your campus resource for developing new and helping to manage existing government grants.
Submit a Grant Research Request
MiraCosta College Grant Proposal Process
- Grant Contract Summary Form is completed by Proposer and fully routed. Either the Routing Slip for New and Ongoing Grants or the Routing Slip for Augmentations and Categorical Programs is used for routing, depending on the grant.
- Grant application is completed by Proposer (Grants Office staff is available for consultation).
- Grant application is reviewed by Grants Office staff before submittal to funding agency.
- Awards Notification and signed Grant Face Sheet is received; copies are distributed by Proposer.
- Proposer meets with Grants Office staff to establish timelines and reporting calendar.
- Grant Management: Proposer, now Project Director, is responsible for the grant in its entirety including but not limited to carrying out the project objectives and generating required budget and performance reports within established time frames. Grants Office staff is available for consultation and support.
Persons NOT employed by the MiraCosta Community College District:
Before completing and/or submitting any forms first contact the Grants Office.
Government Funding Resources
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
Career Technical Education pathways, grants and grant archives.
- California Department of Education
The California Department of Education operates a large number of programs that provide funds to schools and other organizations for a variety of educational purposes.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance is a government-wide compendium of federal programs, projects, and grants.
- Doing What Matters for Jobs and the Economy
This opportunity is for community colleges to become essential catalysts to California’s economic recovery and jobs creation at the local, regional and state levels.
- FedBizOpps (FBO)
Search this site for notices of proposed government procurement actions, contract awards, sales of government property and other procurement information.
- Federal Register
This site contains links to various sites with access to the Federal Register.
- FedWorld Home Page
This site will launch you into a large variety of grants related sites across the country.
- The Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE)
Provides information about FIPSE's Comprehensive Program, a grant program intended to support innovative educational reform projects that can serve as national models for the improvement of postecondary education.
Grants.gov is a central storehouse for information on over 1,000 grant programs and provides access to approximately $500 billion in annual awards.
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
This site includes an online resource of Federal funding available for arts initiatives through national, state and local funding programs.
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
Search this federal agency to find grant opportunities in humanities disciplines.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
Search this federal agency to find grant opportunities related to science, mathematics, and engineering.
- U.S. Department of Education (DOE)
Search this federal agency for grant opportunities in a variety of educational areas--including secondary education and higher education.
- U.S. Department of Energy
Search this federal agency to find grant opportunities related to physical sciences.