News - 01/19/2017
MiraCosta College Accepting Applications for Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee
The Board of Trustees of the MiraCosta Community College District is seeking qualified, interested individuals to serve on a committee of community leaders who will operate as the Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee (ICBOC) for the implementation of the district’s Measure MM college facilities bond program.
On Nov. 8, 2016, voters residing within the MiraCosta Community College District passed Measure MM, a $455,000,000 bond measure that authorizes funding for needed repairs, upgrades, and new construction projects at MiraCosta College. Proposition 39 required a 55 percent supermajority for approval. Measure MM was passed by 62.39 percent.
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, California law requires that the MiraCosta Community College District Board of Trustees appoint an Independent Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee to work with the district.
All appointments will be made by the Board of Trustees from applications submitted to the district. The committee shall consist of at least seven (7) members appointed by the board from a list of candidates submitting written applications, and based on criteria established by Proposition 39, to wit:
• One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the district
• One (1) member active in a senior citizens’ organization
• One (1) member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association
• One (1) student enrolled and active in a community college support group, such as student government
• One (1) member active in a support organization for the district, such as a foundation
• Two (2) members of the community at large
Initial appointments will be staggered such that some of the initial appointees will be appointed to serve one, full, two-year term. The other initial appointments will serve a one-year term, but will be eligible for reappointment by the board for a second and third, two-year term.
Completed applications should be sent to MiraCosta Community College District, 1 Barnard Drive, Oceanside, CA 92056, by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more information, contact Evelyn Crogan at 760.795.6610.