The next generation of innovators now has a stunning new building at MiraCosta College to develop the skills they will need to find careers in science, technology, engineering and math. The new science center positions MiraCosta as a vanguard institution ready to produce future leaders in computer science, biotechnology, the pharmaceutical and life science industries.
At 8 a.m., Friday, September 29, College President Dr. Sunita V. Cooke, the college’s Foundation members and the MiraCosta College community will celebrate the opening of the Nordson STEM Learning Center, Building 1200, on MiraCosta College’s Oceanside campus, 1 Barnard Drive.
The Nordson STEM Learning Center is an academic cornerstone of the campus featuring:
• The Turing Workspace where students can get support from peer and degreed tutors
• Independent and group study space
• Unlimited access to the Internet
• State-of-the-art computers and software
• Reference materials, scientific calculators and anatomical models
• Scientific equipment, including microscopes, graphing materials and scientific calculators
The Nordson STEM Learning Center was funded in large part by $449,000 raised by the MiraCosta College Foundation’s Business Roundtable.
“MiraCosta College is deeply committed to training the next generation of innovators,” said Alec Babiarz, chair of the MiraCosta Foundation Business Roundtable. “The Center will help STEM students prepare to meet the needs of our region’s science, engineering, manufacturing and biotechnology industries.”