The Board of Trustees of the MiraCosta Community College District is seeking a qualified, interested individual who is interested in serving on a committee of community leaders who operate as the Independent Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee (ICBOC) for the implementation of the district's Measure MM college facilities bond program. The position will represent the senior citizens' community and applicants must be active in a senior citizens' organization.
Required by law, the seven-member committee is responsible for overseeing funds raised by the November, 2016, $455 million general obligation bonds designated to modernize aging facilities and upgrade instructional technology within the district.
The activities of the committee include the following:
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent performance audit.
- Receive and review copies of the annual, independent financial audit.
- Inspect school facilities and grounds to ensure that bond revenues are expended properly.
- Receive and review copies of any deferred maintenance proposals or plans developed by the MiraCosta Community College District.
- Review efforts by the MiraCosta Community College District to maximize bond revenues by implementing cost-saving measures.
The term of the position is for 24 months with the option for reappointment.
If you wish to serve on this important committee, please visit miracosta.edu/icboc.
should be sent to MiraCosta Community College District, 1 Barnard Drive (MS #6), Oceanside, CA 92056, by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 11, 2018.
For more information, contact Eva Brown at 760.795.6829.