President's Sustainability Advisory Committee
The Presidents Sustainability Advisory Committee (PSAC) advises the college president on matters that promote the development and implementation of environmentally sustainable policies, practices and systems throughout the district.
MiraCosta Community College District will become a vanguard educational institution committed to innovation and researched best practices, broad access to higher education, and environmental sustainability.
Vision, Goals and Purposes
PSAC advises the college president in matters pertaining to environmental sustainability, and:
- Management and Organizational Structure
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Operations
- Sustainable Building Practices
- On-site Generation and Renewable Energy
- Transportation, Commuting, and Campus Fleet and Travel
- Water, Wastewater and Sustainable Landscaping
- Solid Waste Reduction and Management
- Green Purchasing
- Student and Curriculum Development
- Campus and Community Outreach and Awareness
- Climate Neutrality
Integrate sustainability into the college environment, culture, and experience, and extend outreach to the communities we serve.
2014-2017 Action Plan
- Develop and implement an educational outreach plan to increase sustainability awareness throughout the district.
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Minimum of quarterly meetings, with semi-annual visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for meeting schedule.
- Keith Cunningham
- Herschel Stern
- Megan Allison
- Jane Mushinksy
- Mark Whitney
- Myla Stokes
- Eric Gallant
- Ralph Pickering
- Jason Kubrock
- Kim Simonds
- Dr. Sunny Cooke
- Charlie Ng
- Katie White
- Cheryl Broom
- Susan Asato
- Sandy Comstock
- Annual Appointment by ASG