President's Sustainability Advisory Committee
The Presidents Sustainability Advisory Committee (PSAC) advises the college president on matters that promote the development and implementation of environmentally sustainable policies, practices and systems throughout the district.
MiraCosta Community College District will become a vanguard educational institution committed to innovation and researched best practices, broad access to higher education, and environmental sustainability.
Vision, Goals and Purposes
PSAC advises the college president in matters pertaining to environmental sustainability, and:
- Management and Organizational Structure
- Energy Efficiency
- Facilities Operations
- Sustainable Building Practices
- On-site Generation and Renewable Energy
- Transportation, Commuting, and Campus Fleet and Travel
- Water, Wastewater and Sustainable Landscaping
- Solid Waste reduction and Management
- Green Purchasing
- Student and Curriculum Development
- Campus and Community Outreach and Awareness
- Climate Neutrality
Integrate sustainability into the college environment, culture, and experience, and extend outreach to the communities we serve.
2014-2017 Action Plan
- Develop and implement an educational outreach plan to increase sustainability awareness throughout the district.
Expected Frequency of Meetings
Minimum of quarterly meetings, with semi-annual visits with the college president. Contact the President's Office at 760.795.6610 for meeting schedule.
- Tom Macias
- Chris Boehm
- Eric Carstensen
- Steve Eso
- Herschel Stern
- Jane Mushinks
- Carrie Everts
- Wendell Fullwood
- Trevor Presley
- Kathy Thiele
- Gabe Waite
- Dr. Sunny Cooke
- Kristen Huyck
- Charlie Ng
- Annual Appointment by ASG
- Board of Trustees Policy 3260 Energy and Sustainability
- 2015 Sustainability Plan (in development)
- Board of Trustees Administrative Procedure 3260 Energy and Sustainability