Manage Pop-up Blockers
Pop-up Blocker settings for Internet Explorer Browser (Windows computers)
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- In the Menu Bar, select Tools. Select Pop-up Blocker, click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- To allow pop-up windows from a specific website, type the web address (URL) of the site in the Address of website to allow: box.
- Click Add.
- To block ALL pop-ups from any website, change the Blocking level to High located near the bottom of the dialog box. Otherwise, leave the default setting to Medium level.
- Click the Close button to exit
TIP: To temporarily allow a site to display pop-ups, click the Information Bar when notified that a pop-up has been blocked, select Temporarily Allow Pop-ups.
Pop-up Blocker settings for Google Chrome Browser (Windows and Apple computers)
- Launch Google Chrome.
- On the upper right corner, click on the Settings icon
- Select Settings
- In the Settings tab near the bottom, click Show advanced settings...
- Click on the Content settings... button.
- In the Content settings window, scroll down until you see the Pop-ups section.
- Select Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)
- To allow pop-up windows for a specific website, click the Manage exceptions... button.
- In the Hostname pattern box type "surf.miracosta.edu", and the Behavior setting should be selected to "Allow"
- Click the Done buttons to exit
- Finally, close the browser and reopen it or refresh it.
Pop-up Blocker settings for Mozilla FireFox Browser (Windows and Apple computers)
- Launch FireFox.
- In the Menu Bar, click Tools. Select Options. ( For MAC's you will click on Firefox at the top left hand side of your screen and then click Preferences.)
- Click on the Content tab.
- To see Pop-up windows, uncheck the Block pop-up windows box.
- To change pop-up settings for specific sites, click Exceptions...