Student Ambassador Application 2016-2017
Welcome to MiraCosta Student Ambassador Application page. Thank you for your interest in the position. Prior to completing the application you must review the Student Ambassador job description and requirements found here:
Student Ambassador Job Description and Requirements
Student Ambassador Program
Student Ambassadors act as MiraCosta College's representatives at K-12 schools and throughout the district community. They serve as peer advisers to high school students in district schools, present workshops for elementary and junior high school students, provide information at community events, lead campus tours, and perform a variety of other high-profile assignments. As college representatives, Ambassadors are expected to be role models for their peers, maintain and demonstrate a professional attitude, and execute sound judgment at all times. Ambassadors are paid $9/hour.
To be considered for the Student Ambassador Program, we ask for:
- Submittal of a complete Student Ambassador application (see below).
- Submittal of academic transcripts indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 in your high school or college coursework.
- Submittal of one online letter of recommendation. Please direct the person completing your recommendation form to submit it online at: www.miracosta.edu/recletter. The person writing your recommendation should be familiar with your academic and leadership abilities (a person who is not a member of your family such as a teacher, counselor, clergy, club advisor, coach, business leader, employer, etc.).
NOTE: If you have previously been employed as a MiraCosta Student Ambassador, a recommendation letter is not required.
Student Ambassador Application
Application must be submitted online no later than
Sunday, June 26, 2016.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Jonathan Gómez, Coordinator, 760.795.6894
- Lisa Montes, Student Services Specialist, 760.757.2121 x6396
Student Center, Building 3400 Campus Map
School Relations/Outreach Office, #12A
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.