Student Ambassador Application 2014-2015
Welcome to MiraCosta Student Ambassador Application page. Thank you for your interest in the position. Please review the job description and requirements found below, prior to completing the application.
Student Ambassador Job Description
Under the direction of the Coordinator of School Relations and Diversity Outreach or assigned supervisor, Student Ambassadors will provide the following services:
- Provide peer-advising services for high school students.
- Assist in the delivery of outreach services targeting underrepresented populations and promote college enrollment.
- Develop workshops and presentations for high school, junior high, and elementary school students.
- Lead campus tours.
- Represent MiraCosta College during college nights, career fairs, school visits, and other informational programs.
- Attend mandatory weekly staff meetings.
- Assist as needed in the planning and/or implementation of special events such as Early College Admission and Planning Days.
- Participate in leadership workshops and in-service training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You must be a currently enrolled student at MiraCosta College or a first-time student who intends to enroll in classes during both the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters.
- You must be at least 18 years old by the first day of employment.
- You must maintain a 2.5 grade point average or higher and be enrolled in a minimum of six units per semester.
- You must be available to work between 5 and 15 hours per week* including occasional evening and weekend commitments (hours will vary depending on the time of year i.e. registration periods, college fairs, orientations).
You must be available to work at least 3 consecutive hours one day per week during regular high school hours.
(Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 2:30pm)
- You must be able to effectively communicate with people of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds.
- All Student Ambassadors must be available to attend program training sessions and a teambuilding retreat. The training sessions will take place between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. during the week of August 4. The teambuilding retreat will take place during the week of August 11.
- Valid California driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Active in school or community organizations.
- Enjoy public speaking and working in a team enviornment.
Applications must be submitted online no later than July 9, 2014.
To be considered for the Student Ambassador Program, we ask for:
- academic transcripts indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 in your high school or college coursework
- submittal of a complete Student Ambassador application (see below)
- one letter of recommendation from a person familiar with your academic and leadership abilities (a person who is your teacher, counselor, clergy, club advisor, coach, business leader, employer, etc.)
* Denotes required field
For more questions, please contact:
Student Center, Building 3400 Campus Map
School Relations/Outreach Office, #12A
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Mon-Fri 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.