myEdPlan is MiraCosta’s online degree audit and student education planning tool for counselors and students. myEdPlan allows counselors and students to generate degree audits which show progress toward satisfying degree, certificate, and general education requirements in the student’s declared program of study.
Using myEdPlan, counselors can create comprehensive semester-by-semester education plans which students can access online, 24x7, via SURF. These online education plans can be referenced by students each semester as they plan their class schedules, and can also be used to track individual student progress toward completing educational goals.
Schedule an appointment with your counselor to develop an approved semester-by-semester abbreviated or comprehensive online education plan.
Introduction to myEdPlan
How to Access myEdPlan
1. Using Firefox, navigate to https://surf.miracosta.edu
2. Login to SURF.
3. Navigate to Main Menu > Self Service > Student Center
4. Click the myEdPlan button
- Student Helpdesk - For how-to videos and troubleshooting
- Student Quick Reference Guide
- Make an appointment with a counselor
- To get an online abbreviated or comprehensive ed plan
- For help interpreting, understanding, or correcting your degree audit or online ed plan
- Firefox is the recommended browser. You may experience issues with Chrome or Internet Explorer (depending on the version).
- External credit (classes taken at other schools), prerequisites classes, and transfer preparation requirements will NOT be included on your degree audit.
- A student created online ed plan must be approved by a counselor to count as your abbreviated or comprehensive ed plan. You must make an appointment with a counselor to have your ed plan approved.
- Your major, GE pattern, and catalog year may need updating in the system. You can update your official major, GE pattern, and Catalog Year with the school in a counseling appointment, or by submitting a Change of Data form to the Admissions and Records office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can use myEdPlan?
Students in a declared major or certificate program, with Catalog Rights to the 2011-2012 Catalog and later.
Click here to learn more about the Course Catalog, Catalog Years, and Catalog Rights.
- How do I update my major, certificate, GE pattern, or catalog year?
You can do this in a counseling appointment with general counseling, the Transfer Center, DSPS counseling, or the Veterans Center counseling.
- How do I get an online education plan?
Make an appointment with a counselor to get a counselor-approved online education plan.
If you have recently completed a paper education plan with a counselor, it is still honored and valid. You will not be able to view your paper education plan online.
Students can create their own draft education plan online, but it must still be brought to a counselor for approval to be recognized by the school for purposes of priority enrollment.
- Will myEdPlan show my credit at other schools?
No. myEdPlan currently only shows how your coursework at MiraCosta applies to your goal at MiraCosta.
- Will myEdPlan show my transfer requirements?
Your myEdPlan degree audit worksheet will only show the requirements you will be evaluated against for completion of your goal at MiraCosta. Transfer requirements will not show on your degree audit, but you should include them in your semester-by-semester education plan. You should refer to Assist.org for information about transfer requirements for the specific schools you are interested in transferring to.