Welcome to MiraCosta College's Online Advising page. Online advising is here to supplement our "on ground" services for current, new and prospective students. We are here to answer your questions and provide you with links to services, forms and other necessary information to make your matriculation through MiraCosta College an easy and pleasurable journey.
All questions will be reviewed by the online counselor and a response generated in 24 to 48 hours. Online advising is not available on weekends, holidays, or semester breaks, or during the summer. Inquiring persons may want to review our FAQ page before asking a question. Many of the most common questions and their answers can be found there.
The following are types of requests that cannot be answered because of confidentiality and technological constraints:
- Prepare a complete degree program of studies for you.
- Formally evaluate your transcripts of classes taken at other colleges and universities.
- Help you decide on a major field of study.
- Help you choose the “right” career and the appropriate courses for that career.
We intend to answer your online questions in a timely manner as long as the questions and requests for information involve the following:
- How to select your classes for the current semester
- How to add and drop classes
- How to use the list of classes outlining your major and general education requirements
- Information on other services on campus that might be helpful to you
All information provided is expressly designed for advisement purposes only, and can only be taken on this basis due to the restrictions of technology and identity verification. It is highly recommended that all students conduct regular visits to meet with a counselor to document your academic and career plans.
Need information on specific majors? What about general education requirements? If you’ve got questions or are interested in courses of study and/or certificates, please complete the following data form and a counselor will contact you regarding your interests.