The Emerging Leaders Institute
ELI Summer 2016 Participants
Location: Oceanside Campus
- Friday, March 31, 2017; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Aztlan A&B
- Saturday, April 1, 2017; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Club Room
MiraCosta Students, are you interested in expanding your knowledge on the topic of leadership, as well as gaining practical skills to help you become a more effective leader in college and after you graduate? The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is a noncredit certificate program dedicated to helping MiraCosta College students become prominent and well-prepared leaders in their community, on campus and in their future careers. ELI will complement students' education by teaching them skills and knowledge necessary for effective leadership.
By participating in the ELI certificate program you will:
- Acquire the building blocks to effective leadership
- Learn to take an active leadership role in your community
- Understand how to have meaningful interactions with a diverse group of people
- Meet community and campus leaders who wish to share their leadership experiences with you
- Learn techniques to communicate effectively
- Enhance important life skills
- Learn about various opportunities in becoming a student leader at MiraCosta
- Supplement your in-class education with out-of-class experiences
- Network with students, faculty, staff and community members
- Become an advocate for change
The program consists of a series of one and two-hour workshops in leadership skill development and a service project. The workshops will be offered on a single weekend during each semester. After completing the program, students will receive a Leadership Certificate.
For additional information call or stop by the Student Activities Office at 760-757-2121, ext. 6890 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Elijo Office
Student Center Room 929
P 760.944.4449 x7782