The Emerging Leaders Institute
The next ELI Conference will take place in Fall 2013!
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is a noncredit certificate program dedicated to helping MiraCosta College students become prominent and well-prepared leaders in their community. ELI will complement students' education by teaching them skills and knowledge necessary for effective leadership.
By participating in the ELI certificate program you will:
- Acquire the building blocks to effective leadership
- Learn to take an active leadership role in your community
- Understand how to have meaningful interactions with a diverse group of people
- Learn techniques to communicate effectively
- Enhance important life skills
- Supplement your in-class education with out-of-class experiences
- Network with students, faculty, staff and community members
- Become an advocate for change
The program consists of a series of one and two-hour workshops in leadership skill development and a service project. The workshops will be offered on a single weekend during each semester. After completing the program, students will receive a Leadership Certificate.
For additional information call 760.795.6899, or stop by the Student Activities Office on either campus.
San Elijo Office