The MiraCosta College Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is free of charge and open to all MCC students. There are no G.P.A. or minimum unit requirements to participate in the program. Student are strongly encouraged to participate in an on-campus (Associated Student Government, student club or organization) or off-campus (service learning, youth group or other volunteer program).
The Emerging Leaders Institute is a leadership certification program. Participants complete 9 workshops (total of 14 hours) which focus on teaching and improving skills associated with effective leadership. Students are given two semesters to complete the program. However, students can request an extension for another semester upon consultation with program staff.
The workshop schedule for the current semester as well as the registration forms are available online. For more information, please call 760.795.6890 or email us at email@example.com.
STEPS for joining the program
- Students are required to have a faculty or staff sponsor to enter the program.
- Fill out the application.
- You will receive confirmation upon verification of your application.
- Upon verification of your acceptance into the program, print out a copy of the workshop schedule for your records. You are not required to follow the schedule, but please call us if you will not be able to attend a workshop.
- Your are required to attend an orientation session. If you are unable to attend, you can drop by the office for information.
- This semester the five (5) core workshops will be offered.
- After completing the five (5) core workshops and the four (4) elective workshops, you may need to complete the Service Project.
- You are given two semesters to fulfill the requirements, however you may choose to complete the program in one semester.