COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION
What is CARE?
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is a state funded program designed to assist single parents who are recipients of TANF/CalWORKs who are attending college and are guided and supported to achieve their educational goals.
CARE is a supplemental support program of Extended Opportunity and Services (EOPS) at MiraCosta College. Students must meet both EOPS and CARE eligibility criteria to be eligible for CARE.
- Supplemental grants
- Single parent support group
- Child care/community referrals
- You are a recipient of TANF/CalWORKs (Student or child must be receiving cash aid)
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are single head of household
- You have at least one child under the age of 14
- You are an EOPS student
- Two contacts with a CARE counselor (Candy Owens) each semester
- Attend two CARE workshops
- CARE Workshop Friday, August 29th 12:00 - 1:30 PM OC3201
- CARE Workshop Friday, October 3rd 12:00 - 1:30 PM OC3201
- CARE Workshop Friday, December 5th 12:00 - 1:30 PM OC3201
- Be in compliance with the EOPS student contract
- Complete Agency Certification for income verification annually