Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state funded program designed to recruit and retain students who are economically, socially and educationally disadvantaged. EOPS assists students in the development of their potential ability through academic support and financial assistance. The services of EOPS are designed to give students individualized attention and support to improve their chances for success.
- *Be enrolled in 9-12 or more units at the time of acceptance to the program.
- Be eligible for BOGW "A" or "B"
- Be a California resident
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by regulations AND
- **Not have completed 70 degree-applicable units.
*Some exceptions are available for DSPS or special vocational programs.
**Case by case exception for high unit majors.
(Parking lot 3C)
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Fall Office Hours
- Monday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM -4:30 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Important Dates for Fall 2014
- 11th EOPS Book Vouchers Available (be sure to ask for prepay if book is not in. WARNING! September 5th is last day to use EOPS Book Voucher).
- 15th All college day- EOPS Office closed from 8:00am-100pm
- 18th Classes start.
- 29th Last day to drop/add without “W”. Be sure to meet with EOPS counselor if you will be adding or dropping classes from your approved schedule.
- 29th CARE workshop.
- 5th Last day to use EOPS Book Voucher.
- 22th Deadline to petition for Pass/No Pass.
- 22th Deadline to petition or Degree/Certificate.
- 26th Deadline to petition for Credit by Exam.
- 3rd CARE/CalWORK's Workshop.
- 6th Mid Term Progress Report FORMS available.
- 13th Spring priority course selection begins.
- 7th Midterm Progress Report Deadline.
- 7th Spring priority course selection deadline.
- 14th Last day to drop class with “W”. Be sure to meet with EOPS counselor if you will be dropping classes from your approved schedule. Requires counseling appointment.
- 5th CARE/CalWORK's Workshop.
- 8th -13th Finals Exams Week.
- 17th-January 1st Campus Closed.