Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state funded program designed to recruit and retain students who are economically, socially and educationally disadvantaged. EOPS assists students in the development of their potential ability through academic support and financial assistance. The services of EOPS are designed to give students individualized attention and support to improve their chances for success.
- *Be enrolled in 9-12 or more units at the time of acceptance to the program.
- Be eligible for BOGW "A" or "B"
- Be a California resident
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by regulations AND
- **Not have completed 70 degree-applicable units.
*Some exceptions are available for DSPS or special vocational programs. **Case by case exception for high unit majors.
(Parking lot 3C)
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Spring Office Hours
- Monday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Important Dates for Spring 2014
- 6th EOPS Book Vouchers Available (be sure to ask for prepay if book is not in. WARNING! Feb. 7th is last day to use EOPS Book Voucher).
- 13th Classes start.
- 21st Peer Advising begins (New EOPS Students and some Probation Students).
- 24th Last day to drop/add without “W”. Be sure to meet with EOPS counselor if you will be adding or dropping classes from your approved schedule.
- 31st CARE workshop (one of two mandatory workshops).
- 7th Last day to use EOPS Book Voucher.
- 10th First Peer Contact should be completed by now.
- 13th Deadline to petition for Pass/No Pass.
- 13th Deadline to petition or Degree/Certificate.
- 28th CARE workshop (one of two mandatory workshops).
- 3rd Mid Term Progress Report FORMS available.
- 17th Summer 2014 Priority Course Selection Begins. Requires counseling appointment, peers may assist you with tentative schedule.
- 20th Second Peer Contact should be completed by now.
- If you have dropped a class from your approved class schedule be sure to file an Amended Contract with your EOPS counselor.
- 4th Summer Priority Course Selection Deadline
- 7th Fall Priority Course Selection Begins
- 9th Midterm Progress Report Deadline
- 18th CARE Workshop
- 18th Last day to drop class with “W”. Be sure to meet with EOPS counselor if you will be dropping classes from your approved schedule. Requires counseling appointment
- 25th Fall Priority Course Selection Deadline
- 2nd EOPS Recognition Dinner
- 13th -19th Finals Week
- 20th Commencement