BOGW Fee Waiver Application
Processing will take 5 business days.
Before you register, check your SURF account to see if your BOGW has been approved. (SURF, Self Service, Student Center, View Financial Aid).
You will be dropped from your classes if you do not pay any outstanding fees at the time of enrollment in classes.
BOGW is a state sponsored program, which waives enrollment fees for qualifying students. You may be eligible for a fee waiver even if you are not eligible for other financial aid, which we highly encourage you to apply for by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. To apply for the BOGW, click on the link below (BOGW Online Application). The application has three methods for applying.
Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) 2013-14
- 2013-14 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Online Application
- 2013-14 Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) Application Instructions (PDF)
Is for students on public assistance programs: TANF/CalWORKS, SSI/SSP, General Assistance. It is also for dependents of disabled or deceased California Veterans or National Guard, recipient or child of the Congressional Medal of Honor, or the dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack, but certification must be obtained from the appropriate agency. Documentation will be required to verify your eligibility. Your application will be deleted and you must reapply if you do not submit your documentation within 5 working days.
Is for low income students. It is based on the previous year's income. If you do not meet the independent criteria (see BOGW application for criteria), you will use your parents income to qualify. Follow the instructions very carefully.
Students who do not qualify under either Method A or B can receive a Method C waiver by establishing financial need for federal assistance through the MiraCosta Financial Aid Office. This requires completion of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submission of all necessary forms to the Financial Aid Office. Processing of a financial aid file can take from 10 to 12 weeks (longer for students with unusual circumstances).
- PLEASE ALLOW 5 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS.
- We CANNOT honor a waiver from another school.
- You must be a California resident.
- If you apply in Spring, the BOGW will cover the Spring Semester only. If you apply in Fall, the BOGW will cover Fall and Spring Semesters. If you apply in Summer, the BOGW will cover Summer, Fall and Spring semesters.
- BOGW is not a book award.
- BOGW is not a loan.
- The BOGW application is simple to complete.
- BOGW applicants do not have to be enrolled in a minimum number of courses - whether you take 1 unit or 21 units, the enrollment fee may be waived.
- BOGW applicants only need to apply once to have fees waived for the academic year.