Mental Health Counseling
Mental Health Counseling at MiraCosta College is available during the Health Services normal business hours.
If you need to talk to someone and we are unavailable, please call one of the following 24 hour/7 days per week programs.
For Crisis Intervention please call:
- Access and Crisis Line: 888-724-7240
- Crisis Text Line: Text: "Courage" To:741741
- UP2SD Crisis Line: 800-479-3339
- Veteran's Crisis Hotline: 800-273-Talk *1
- Courage to Call: 211
- Life Threating Emergencies Call: 911
Some common reasons to seek mental health counseling are:
- Stress, anxiety, anger, excessive worry or guilt
- Depression and/or Suicidal thoughts
- Sleeping difficulties
- Marital or Family relationships
- Substance Abuse
- Weight or Eating issues
- Difficulties at work or school
- Cultural adjustment
- Academic pressure
- Traumatic life experiences
This free and confidential counseling is offered at the Oceanside and San Elijo campuses.
It is provided by either a Licensed Mental Health Counselor or a Mental Health Counseling Intern.
Sessions are 50 minutes, one time per week for six weeks.
Mental Health Counseling Services are for currently enrolled students who have paid the Health Services fee.
Health Services is closed during breaks and on Holidays.
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call:
Oceanside Campus at 760-795-6675
San Elijo Campus at 760-757-2121 x-7747