MiraCosta College Police Department
College Police will be providing extra patrols. Please consider the following safety tips:
- Walk with a companion whenever possible.
- Do not park in dark areas of the campus.
- If you feel uncomfortable walking into a secluded area, you can request a Safety Escort anytime by calling College Police at 760.795.6640.
- Be aware of your surroundings; report any suspicious behavior to College Police immediately at 760.795. 6640 (please enter this number into your cellular telephone).
- Always carry a cellular telephone, and consider carrying a whistle or other noise making device that can be used to attract attention or summon assistance.
- If you do encounter someone presenting harassing/threatening behavior, immediately go to the nearest occupied campus building to report the incident.
- Emergency call boxes are located throughout the campus and are properly marked for immediate recognition.
You can also see boxe locations on maps of each campus, available on our website.
Should you observe or know who the suspect is, please notify the MiraCosta College Police Department immediately by calling 760.795.6640.
The College Police Department would like to know if any other incidents of this nature have occurred
RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event
MiraCosta College employs Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified police officers whose peace officer authority extends throughout California. The members of the MiraCosta College Police Department (MCPD) are responsible for protecting life and property on or near any property owned or controlled by the MiraCosta Community College District.
MiraCosta College complies with California law in recognizing orders of protection (EPO, CPO & TRO). Any person who obtains an order of protection from California should provide a copy to College Police and the office of the Title IX coordinator.
MCPD is responsible for the coordination of Emergency Preparedness for the District. MCPD also provides other services to students, staff, and faculty including:
- Faculty/Staff/Student Escorts
- Emergency call boxes
- Vehicle Lock Outs
- Vehicle Jump Starts
- Lost and Found
- Traffic Control
- R.A.D.- Rape Aggression Defense Training for women
- Community Oriented Policing Events
- Speakers for orientation, safety presentations, etc.
Our mission is to work as a team and in partnership with the community to provide MiraCosta college with the most professional, effective police and safety services possible, always keeping in mind ethical standards, constitutional safeguards, and respect for the human dignity of all persons.
Follow us on Facebook!
The MiraCosta College Police Department created an official Facebook page where you can find out the latest news and information regarding campus safety. Follow today!
San Elijo Campus
Campus Police/Parking Kiosk
Community Learning Center
Police Department, #23
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056