Other Scholarships Available
MiraCosta College receives many solicitations to post scholarship information on our website. Because these solicitations come from various entities and it is difficult to discern what is a legitimate opportunity versus a scam, our office has partnered with iGrad to filter the scholarship opportunities submitted to this office.
- Students: to search current scholarships, go to iGrad Scholarship Search
- Outside Organizations: submit your organizations’ scholarship by completing the iGrad Scholarship Submission Form
- iGrad Scholarship Promise
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program
Receive up to $2,500 to pursue career or technical education. Application opens March 15
To be eligible for the Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have completed high school (or earned high school equivalency credential) by Spring 2018
- Be enrolled in a 2 year of less career or technical degree/certificate program in Fall 2018 that will lead to employment.
Apply Here: application.horatioalger.org
Law Offices of James D. Scott Family Law Scholarship
Application Deadline: June 1st
Scholarship Award: $1,500
The Law Offices of James D. Scott is proud ot present the annual Family Law Scholarship. They value education and what it can do to advance a person's life and future.
Who can apply?
- High School Seniors
- Vocational/Professional Students
- College Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- School Transcripts
- Evidence of financial need, academic standing and/or community participation
Click Here for more information: https://www.scottfamilylaw.net/family-law-scholarship/
Service Learning Supply Chain Experience (SCE) Scholarship Application
Deadline for Application Submission is May 1, 2018
STEM Scholarship Award: $1500
MLT Scholarship Award: $3000
The SCE Project at the Southern California Biotechnology Center at Miramar College supports the life sciences industry by providing work readiness and lab‐based training resulting in employable individuals with in‐demand skills. The grant program will provide scholarships to San Diego region community college students in STEM programs who qualify as low-income, first in their family to attend college, or are underrepresented in STEM. The project will lay career-building groundwork by conducting student resume workshops, career awareness and service learning.
- MLT students MUST be actively enrolled in an MLT program (SD Miramar or Southwestern colleges) tobe eligible for the MLT scholarship
- No student may apply for more than ONE award
- Be eligible for and provide proof of receipt of the California College Promise Grant (formerly known asthe BOG Waiver)
- Be available to perform 100 hours of service learning to be completed between July 15, 2018 andDecember 15, 2018 at San Diego Miramar College (2 units)
- Plan to enroll for a minimum of 12 units for the Fall 2018 semester at one or more of these regionalcolleges: Cuyamaca, Grossmont, MiraCosta, Palomar, SD City, SD Mesa, SD Miramar, Southwestern.Proof of enrollment will be required from finalists
Program for Continuing Education Grant
Deadline: April 13, 2018
Fall 2018 Award Grants up to $3,000
For women who have had an interruption in their educational goals. Sponsored by P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) Chapter VL – Rancho Santa Fe, California Chapter
- Be a female enrolled at MiraCosta College
- Have had a lapse of at least 24 consecutive months as a student at some time
- Be within 24 consecutive months of completing her educational goal (A.A. or certificate) and ready to seek employment in her chosen profession at that time
- Be a citizen of the U.S. or Canada
- If chosen to continue in the process, student must be available to interview on April 19
- E-mail the Preliminary Application by the deadline date (early submission betters your chances).
GFWC CONTEMPORARY WOMEN OF NORTH COUNTY
Deadline: April 15
$2000 Community College Scholarship For Palomar College or Mira Costa College
GFWC Contemporary Women of North County is a non-profit organization that supports community service efforts in the San Diego North County area. We focus on many issues involving women and children, education, conservation, public affairs, and the arts. Our scholarship is offered to a currently enrolled female planning to continue at Palomar College or Mira Costa College who demonstrates an interest in career, community, and self-improvement through volunteerism. Our scholarship is to be used for tuition, textbook, and/or supplies required by the professor for a class.
- Palomar or Mira Costa College female student, currently enrolled
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrates financial need
- Volunteers in the community
- Proof of enrollment at Palomar College or Mira Costa Community College and copy of transcript
Back to top
Scholarships for Students with Diabetes
Diabetes brings challenges, but those don't have to be limitations. There are a variety of scholarships specifically targeted to students with diabetes, offering financial assistance as they pursue their education.