The Inter-Club Council
All club members have a voice through the Inter-Club Council (ICC), to which each club sends a representative. ICC develops effective, organized, and fair policies so all clubs will thrive. ICC also sponsors a "Club Recruitment Day" each semester, which gives interested students an opportunity to learn about the various clubs on campus and allows clubs to increase their membership.
- Cassandra Castaño
- Mariano Hernandez
- Melanie Haynie
Student Center Manager/Club and Organization Advocate
Advisor to the ICC
- Jakeel Harris
Student Engagement and Leadership Liason
- January 31, 2017 - Club Recruitment Day - San Elijo (12:45pm)
- February 1, 2017 - ICC Chair Special Election - Application
- February 1, 2017 - Club Recruitment Day - CLC (7:00pm)
- February 2, 2017 - Club Recruitment Day - Oceanside (12:00pm)
- February 10, 2017 - Super Friday (Deadline to submit Club Petition and receive club allocations) (4:30pm)
- March 23, 2017 - Last Day to Submit Petitions for Recognition for the Academic Year (4:30pm)
- April 26, 2017 - ICC Chair Election
- May 10, 2017 - ICC Advisor Thank You Luncheon (11:30am)
Club Training Series
- Event Planning & Decision Making: We will be discussing the student activities process for holding an event, creating an event, and tips for effective decision making for clubs and student leaders. The goal of this workshop is to provide participants with strategies for planning a successful event and simplify the decision making process.
- February 20, 11:30-12:30pm
- February 22, 11:30-12:30pm
- Club and Organization Functioning: Tips for Success: This workshop will discuss tips and suggestions that seek to help clubs/organizations operate smoothly within the policies and procedures of the student activities department. We will present recommendations for aiding with club activity in areas such as leadership transition, motivating members, and examining available resources.
- February 21, 11:00-12:00pm & 12:00-1:00pm
- February 23, 11:00-12:00pm & 12:00-1:00pm
- March 7, 11:00-12:00pm
- March 28, 2:00-3:00pm
- Organization/Scheduling: In this workshop, participants will learn techniques to maximize the usage of their time. The goal of this workshop is to provide participants with effective time management tools to help them plan, organize, and benefit from their time.
- March 9, 11:30-12:30pm
- Leadership Styles: You have what it takes: We will be discussing transformational styles and tips to strengthen leadership skills. We will focus on three styles of leadership, the importance of developing a flexible style and to help participants understand their natural leadership style.
- March 6, 12:00-1:00pm
- March 30, 11:00-12:00pm
- Stress Management:
In this workshop, participants will learn about stress, discover what areas cause them the most stress and identify which ones are most important for them to change. They will be provided with coping strategies, as well as techniques for managing their stress.
- March 8, 11:00-3:00pm