Amendments & Referendums
Per the Associated Student Government of MiraCosta College Constitution, students can amend the articles and bylaws of their governing document. Articles of the constitution must be amended by a vote of the general student population. Referendum questions may also be posed to the students of MiraCosta College to consider.
2016 GENERAL ELECTION
Student voters will be asked to vote on the following question, "Shall the amendments to the Associated Student Government Constitution proposed by the Student Senate on March 18, 2016 be adopted?"
A "YES" vote will amend the constitution by:
- The Executive Vice President position will change from an elected position to an appointed position.
- Community Learning Center senators will be identified by population count in increments of 1,000 enrolled students.
- Three senators will be designated as representatives of the Inter-Club Council.
- Duties of the Vice President of the San Elijo Campus will remove the role of vice-chair to the Inter-Club Council.
- Vice Presidents charged with campus programming will not longer be responsible for training senators in event planning.
- There will be the creation of a new executive officer position called Vice President of Programming-Community Learning Center.
- Senators will be tasked with collateral duties that best fit their goals within the Student Senate.
- Term duration and limits will be redefined to consider a full term as 12 months.
- Recall rules will be changed to include election violations as grounds for action; and the Executive Vice President and ASG Advisor will be responsible for verifying petition status.
- The Law Committee will include senator representation from the Community Learning Center.
- Senate meetings will rotate throughout the district every two weeks.
- Twenty percent of the ASG's annual revenue will be allocated to the Inter-Club Council.
- The Student Rights section will include a statement regarding identity and expression.
A "NO" vote will keep the constitution the same, status quo.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the line changes to the ASG Constitution.