teaching men of color in community college
Every instructional faculty member can effectively educate college men of color and learn strategies and approaches that can enhance success outcomes for these men.
The Teaching Men of Color in the Community College certificate program is available and free for all who wish to participate in this non-credit, non-CEU professional development training program. If you have already done this program, thank you for your time and consideration. If you have not registered for this program, the Teaching Men of Color in the Community College certificate program gives community college faculty and staff strategies and approaches that can be used to foster enhanced learning among college men of color. Learners can register and begin their course when it is most convenient for them. While the course format has not changed, it still includes 5 modules and 2 synchronous live sessions.
Program Developed and taught by J. Luke Wood, PhD, and Frank Harris III, EdD, Associate Professors of Community College Leadership, Co-Director of the Minority Male Community College Collaborative, and Co-Authors with Khalid White of Teaching Men of Color in the Community College: A Guidebook.
- Developed by faculty and based on over a decade of research in Higher Education
- Fully online program delivery
- Interactive dialogue with other learners
- Real-Time virtual sessions with Faculty
- Tangible solutions for real challenges
- 15 hours of Professional Development
- Access to the training site for 30 days
- Factors Necessitating Enhanced Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Theoretical and Epistemological Foundations of Teaching Men of Color
- Building Relationships with College Men of Color-Live Video Session A
- Teaching and Learning Strategies for Instructional Faculty
- Live Video Session B/Wrap-up Session with Faculty
How to Register
- Go to http://coralearning.org/product/teaching-men-of-color-in-the-community-college/
- Enter coupon code: miracosta
- Login credentials and access information emailed within an hour of registering
- Convenient open enrollment, enroll at any time
How to Get the Guidebook
Please contact Jd Banks to pick up the guidebook in Building 3700 or have the guidebook sent to you via intercampus mail (please provide your mail station code).
For questions regarding Student Equity, please call our main line 760-757-2121, x6900.
- Bridget Herrin
Research Analyst, Student Success and Equity
Office: Oceanside Campus, Rm. 3300
P 760-757-2121 x6504
- JP Schumacher
Director, Student Equity
Office: Oceanside Campus, Rm. 3706
P 760-757-2121 x6460
- Jd Banks
Secretary, Student Equity and Student Success and Support Program (SSSP)
Office: Oceanside Campus, Bldg. 3700
P 760-757-2121 x6900