How to fix Discussion Board issues caused by Java
If you are experiencing issues when you are trying to reply a post in the Discussion Board, such as, besides the error messages, the browser closes immediately as soon as you click the Reply button, than please follow the below steps to fix the problem:
- Delete all Java updates from your computer.
- If you are using Windows XP follow these steps:
- Click the Start button located on the bottom left corner of your taskbar.
- Click the Control Panel link.
- Click the Add or Remove Programs link, then the Remove a program link. If are using Windows 7, select Programs and Features instead.
- Search, select and remove all the Java(TM) updates.
- Once you have removed all the Java updates, close all the dialog windows and open your browser.
- Go to www.java.com and download the latest Java.
- After you have finished downloading Java, restart your computer.
- One way to tell that your computer has Java while your are using the Discussion Board is by looking at the bottom right corner of your taskbar for the Java icon as depicted below: