How to use Turnitin
- If your instructor asks that you submit your assignments through Turnitin, please do the following.
- After logging into Blackboard, under My courses section click on your class link to enter your online class.
- On the left menu click on the Content button (selected button may varied based on the instructor's menu configuration).
- Click on the assignment active link >>View/Complete
- If this is your first time using Turnitin, then you must confirm that you are at least 13 years of age by clicking the buttons I am at least 13 years of age and I agree -- continue.
- Next you will view the current status of your submission assignment.
- Click the Submit icon located to the right of the respective assignment.
- By default you will see the single file upload already selected in the choose a paper submission method: window. Click the pull down menu for other submission options.
- You will notice that your First and Last names are already filled in their respective field boxes.
- In the submission title field box enter the title of your paper.
- Please note the Requirements for single file upload: information. If your paper does not meet these requirements, Turnitin will not accept it.
- Click the Browse… button and select the file you want to upload.
- Click the Open button and then the Upload button to upload the selected file.
- Now you will see a preview of your paper.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Warning: This step is critical and it must be processed. Otherwise the submission is incomplete, and the assignment will not be transmitted to your instructor.
- Note: After the submission has been completed, a digital receipt containing a paper ID will display on your screen, and a copy will be send to your e-mail address associated with your Surf account. Save the digital receipt as this is proof of a completed submission.
- To return to your portfolio and view your submission status, click the go to portfolio button. Your assignment submission will also appear in your My Grades section.