How to fix Wimba issues caused by IE8
If you are experiencing issues when you are trying to open Wimba in Blackboard, such as getting a Security Warning window like the one below...
...please follow the below steps to fix the problem:
- Click the No button on the Security Warning window to close it.
- Click on the Tools menu of your browser, and select the Internet Options command.
- The Internet Options window will appear, select the Security tab, then click the Custom level... button located at the bottom of the window.
- The Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone window will appear.
- In the Settings area scroll down to the Miscellaneous section, then click on the Enable radio button of the Display mixed content setting.
- Click the OK button to close the window.
- Close the browser(s) so the settings can take effect after you restart Internet Explorer.
- Login into Blackboard and restart Wimba.