What is Canvas?
Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) designed to support MiraCosta's online courses. Further, Canvas was selected by faculty and students in spring 2016 as the best choice for MiraCosta’s course management system. Until summer 2018, MiraCosta will be in transition and some classes will be in Canvas, some in Blackboard, and some in Moodle. By summer 2018, all MiraCosta classes will use Canvas. For information about our current online courses, please visit our Distance Education website.
- Canvas Student Getting Started Guide
- Canvas Student Guide
- Canvas Overview (Video)
- Login to Canvas (Guide)
- Course(s) not listed in Canvas (Guide)
Assignments, Exams, Grades, Turnitin, etc...
- Tips for Taking Online Exams in Canvas (Guide)
- Assignments Overview (Video)
- Assignments Submissions (Video)
- Calendar (Video)
- ePortfolios (Video)
- Exams/Quizzes (Video)
- Grades (Video)
- Files (Video)
- Rich Content Editor (Video)
- Peer Reviews (Video)
- Turnitin Assignment Submissions (Guide)
- Collaborations (Video)
- Communication (Video)
- Conversations Overview (Video)
- Discussions (Video)
- Groups: Creation & Interaction (Video)
User & Profile Settings
- User Settings and Profile Picture (Video)
- Notification Preferences (Video)
- Canvas Help Resources (Video)
- Canvas 24/7 Tech Support available during peak/after working hours: 877.884.1673
- Or from your Canvas account, click Help? > Report a Problem.
- Supported Browsers (Guide)
- Copy and Paste Issues (Guide)
- Manage Pop-Up Blockers (Guide & Videos)