Student Life / Activities
The Offices of Student Activities is rich with activities, events, information, and resources centers, as well as focal points for service and leadership development programs.
- Support for the College's student government, Associated Students of MiraCosta College
- Campus student organizations, formation, and support
- Campus Information Center
- Campus social, recreational, cultural, and educational programming
- Community Service Learning Program and Volunteer Fair
- Leadership development
- Student Activities Calendar clearance
- Campus posting approval
- Literature distribution guidelines
- On-campus event criteria
These services enhance the educational experience of students and foster social, intellectual, and physical growth. Our staff is firmly committed to actively promoting student involvement and development.
Contact Information & Location
- Building 3400, Room 3435
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday 8:00a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The Student Activities Office will be closed on the following days:
Friday, July 3, 2015 (Independence Day)
Monday, September 7, 2015 (Labor Day)
Friday, October 30, 2015 (In Service Day)
Wednesday, November 11, 2015 (Veterans Day)
Thursday, November 12, 2015 Office closing at 5pm.
Thursday, November 26, 2015 (Thanksgiving Day)
Friday, November 27, 2015 (Local Holiday)
December 24 - Jan 1, 2016 (Winter Closure)
San Elijo Campus
- Building 900, Room 929
P 760.944.4449 x7782
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 4:30pm
- Activity Request Form
Required for all official events and activities. One-stop service form. Advisor and student endorsements are required. Submit to SAO two weeks prior to activity.
- Drivers Authorization Link
Procedure required for district authorization to drive district vehicles. Students should complete Form B-167. Volunteer driver procedure can also be found on this link as students are not classified as Volunteers.
- Field Trip Form B169 (PDF)
This Field Trip Excursion Liability form is required of all attendees of off-campus events. Requires student's name and signature. Form must be signed no later than the start of the event and can be returned after the activity, no later than two business days.
- Field Trip Form For Minor (PDF)
- Liability Release and Waiver Form (PDF)
Form is used for the physical activities or other activities that are of a special nature, or of an athletic/sports nature. Currently required for the Kung Fu Club, Fencing Club, Soccer Club, Tennis Club, and Dance Club.
- Participant's Voluntary General Information Sheet (PDF)
Voluntary form used for overnight field trips. Provides basic student contact and medical information for the attending advisor in an emergency situation. Forms are destroyed after each field trip, unless an incident requiring temporary retention is needed in a Student Accident Insurance claim.
- Request for Student Contact Table Form (Free Speech/Non-Commercial) (PDF)
Form used for non-profit organizations to request space for providing information to the campus community.
- Request for Student Contact Table Form (Commercial Speech) (PDF)
Form used for commercial outside organizations to request space for providing information to the campus community.
- Pre-Requisition Worksheet (PDF)
Form used for purchases or reimbursements. Attached receipts or invoices are required.
- Volunteer Link
Volunteer procedure follows Board Policy and Procedure 7500. A Volunteer is a person who: (a) performs services for the district; (b) serves without compensation of any kind and (c) is under the direct supervision of a district employee.
Performer and Speaker Forms
- Guest Speaker Form (PDF)
The Student Activities Office (SAO) coordinates the awarding of honoraria to community members and students who speak, by invitation, in the classroom. The Classroom Guest Speaker Program is sponsored by MiraCosta College’s Associated Student Government (ASG). There are two amounts available for faculty to request: (1) student guest speaker for an honorarium of $50 per speaking engagement, and (2) community member guest speaker for an honorarium of $100 per speaking engagement. Please note the following: guest speakers (student or community member) are limited to three speaking engagements per semester; SAO must receive the request 15 business days prior to the engagement; submission of the form does not constitute automatic approval of the honorarium. Form must be accompanies with a Payee Data Card (see below). FUNDING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE UNTIL JULY 1, 2015.
- Payee Data Card (Performers & Speakers) (PDF)
Form used when booking a performer or speaker at MiraCosta College.
Student Club-Only Forms
- Agenda Item Request Complete to place an item on agenda for Leadership Council or Full Council meetinsg. Please review the agenda matrix for submission deadlines.
- Change of Information Form (PDF) Complete to update club information such as President, ICC Representative, Advisor(s), Club name or merger. Minutes approving the change must accompany form.
- Club Petition Packet (PDF) Complete to be considered for recognition as a club at MiraCosta College. Packet includes information about forming a club, the Club Petition Form, and sample constitution. Club petitions are due to the Student Activities Office on Super Friday each semester - see published dealines on the ICC webpage.
- Club Report (PDF) Complete to submit club report to be included in ICC Full Council minutes.Submit to any ICC Leadership Council members prior to leaving ICC Full Council meeting.
- Locker Application Complete to request locker in Club Room.
- Print Account Application Complete to establish new club print account or replenish existing account.
- Spending Bill Template (Word) Complete (replace red text) to request funds from the ICC Full Council.