Student Life / Activities
MiraCosta College wants to make sure that your opportunities for intellectual, personal, professional and social development continue even after you leave class or close your books. At MiraCosta College, there are dozens of ways for you to make the most of your college experience ranging from student media, community service, student employment, and peer mentoring to various types of student organizations including student government, club sports, leadership opportunities and other student activities. Whatever your passion, MiraCosta College can help you be actively and meaningfully engaged in your college community!
The Offices of Student Activities is rich with activities, events, information, and resources centers, as well as focal points for service and leadership development programs.
- Support for the College's student government, Associated Students of MiraCosta College
- Campus student organizations, formation, and support
- Campus Information Center
- Campus social, recreational, cultural, and educational programming
- Community Service Learning Program and Volunteer Fair
- Leadership development
- Student Activities Calendar clearance
- Campus posting approval
- Literature distribution guidelines
- On-campus event criteria
These services enhance the educational experience of students and foster social, intellectual, and physical growth. Our staff is firmly committed to actively promoting student involvement and development.
Contact Information & Location
- Building 3400, Room 3435
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 22nd, 8:00am - 12:00 pm.
The District will be closed on the following days:
- Monday, Jan 19th
- Friday, February 13th
- Monday, February 16
- Friday, March 20
- Monday, May 25
San Elijo Campus
- Building 900, Room 929
P 760.944.4449 x7782
Monday and Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 9:00-11:0 a.m and 12:30 p.m.- 4:45 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The District will be closed on the following days:
- Monday, September 1st
- December 24 - January 1st Winter Break
- Activity Request Form
Required for all official events and activities. One-stop service form. Advisor and student endorsements are required. Submit to SAO two weeks prior to activity.
- Drivers Authorization Link
Procedure required for district authorization to drive district vehicles. Students must be in a paid status to drive district vehicles. Volunteer driver procedure can also be found on this link.
- Field Trip Form B169 (PDF)
This Field Trip Excursion Liability form is required of all attendees of off-campus events. Requires student's name and signature. Form must be signed no later than the start of the event and can be returned after the activity, no later than two business days.
- Field Trip Form For Minor (PDF)
- Liability Release and Waiver Form (PDF)
Form is used for the physical activities or other activities that are of a special nature, or of an athletic/sports nature. Currently required for the Kung Fu Club, Fencing Club, Soccer Club, Tennis Club, and Dance Club.
- Participant's Voluntary General Information Sheet (PDF)
Voluntary form used for overnight field trips. Provides basic student contact and medical information for the attending advisor in an emergency situation. Forms are destroyed after each field trip, unless an incident requiring temporary retention is needed in a Student Accident Insurance claim.
- Request for Student Contact Table Form (Free Speech/Non-Commercial) (PDF)
Form used for non-profit organizations to request space for providing information to the campus community.
- Request for Student Contact Table Form (Commercial Speech) (PDF)
Form used for commercial outside organizations to request space for providing information to the campus community.
- Pre-Requisition Worksheet (PDF)
Form used for purchases or reimbursements. Attached receipts or invoices are required.
- Volunteer Link
Volunteer procedure follows Board Policy and Procedure 7500. A Volunteer is a person who: (a) performs services for the district; (b) serves without compensation of any kind and (c) is under the direct supervision of a district employee.
Performer and Speaker Forms
- Guest Speaker Form (PDF)
The Student Activities Office (SAO) coordinates the awarding of honoraria to community members and students who speak, by invitation, in the classroom. The Classroom Guest Speaker Program is sponsored by MiraCosta College’s Associated Student Government (ASG). There are two amounts available for faculty to request: (1) student guest speaker for an honorarium of $50 per speaking engagement, and (2) community member guest speaker for an honorarium of $100 per speaking engagement. Please note the following: guest speakers (student or community member) are limited to three speaking engagements per semester; SAO must receive the request 15 business days prior to the engagement; submission of the form does not constitute automatic approval of the honorarium. Form must be accompanies with a Payee Data Card (see below).
- Payee Data Card (Performers & Speakers) (PDF)
Form used when booking a performer or speaker at MiraCosta College.
Student Club-Only Forms
- Agenda Item Request (PDF) Required if you would like to place an item on the agenda for either the Leadership Council or Full Council meeting. Please review the agenda matrix for submission deadline and submit to ICC Chair.
- Change of Information Form (PDF) Required to update club information such as President, ICC Representative, Advisor(s), Club name or merger. Minutes approving the change must accompany the form.
- Club Petition Packet (PDF) If you would like to form a recognized club at MiraCosta, please complete the Club Petition Packet. The packet includes information about how to form a club, the Club Petition Form, a sample constitution, and a club locker application form. Club petitions are due on Super Friday, September 13, 2013 by 4:00pm. Please submit packets to the ICC Leadership.
- Club Report (PDF) If you would like to submit a club report to be included in the ICC Full Council minutes, please complete and submit the Club Report form to any ICC Leadership Council members prior to leaving the ICC Full Council meeting.
- Locker Application (PDF) If your recognized club is interested in applying for a club locker, please complete the Locker Application form and submit to any ICC Leadership Council member.
- Print Account Application (PDF) If your recognized club is interested in applying for a print account, please complete the Print Account Application form and submit to any ICC Leadership Council member.
- Spending Bill Template (Word) If you would like to request funds from the ICC Full Council, please complete the Spending Bill template. Requests need to be submitted along with an Agenda Request in accordance to the submission timeline.