Welcome to Testing Services!
Testing Services provides excellent student support to help students meet Matriculation and Assessment requirements. If you are new to college and plan to transfer, earn an associate degree or a vocational certificate, or improve basic skills or if you are undecided about your goal, you should matriculate. Matriculation in the community colleges is a process that promotes and sustains students’ efforts to achieve their educational goals. Matriculation affords the individual access to educational opportunities, and then takes steps to increase the likelihood of the individual’s success. One aspect of matriculation is to provide assessments that are useful for assisting the student‘s selection of an educational program. Matriculation is also helpful if you are returning to school after a long absence. Placement tests or approved alternatives are required if you plan to enroll in English or math classes. Classes in other subject areas may also require English and math placement testing.
Testing Services also houses the Academic Proctoring Center, a unique test proctoring service for students. Matriculation, Assessment and Academic Proctoring are available at the Oceanside campus and San Elijo campus locations.
- You must have an Application for Admission on file before you test unless you are testing for another college. (A fee of $30 is charged if taking MiraCosta College placement tests for another college).
- Valid photo ID is required to take tests and to pick up test scores.
- Placement Testing does not require an appointment. See Testing Schedule.
- You are strongly encouraged to review before you test. See Review Before Testing.
- Students or community members with verified disabilities are entitled to appropriate accommodations. For specific details, contact the Disabled Students Programs and Services Office at 760-795-6658 or visit their website at MiraCosta College - Disabled Students Program & Services (DSPS).
We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career. Please do not hesitate to call or email if we can be of any assistance!
Academic Proctoring Center,
Testing Office & Academic Proctoring Center,
San Elijo Campus