Please note: Hours are subject to change when classes are not in session. Please call 760-795-6685 for current hours.
The Placement Process
The placement process uses alternative multiple measures to help place you in courses in which you will thrive. In order to be eligible for placement via multiple measures, students must have attended a United States high school for 3 or more years. The first step is to review and share the contents of your US high school transcript through the MiraCosta Application or with the Testing Office using either a transcript (unofficial or official) or the Multiple Measures Self-Report Update form. Based on how your cumulative, unweighted high school GPA and courses completed meet the multiple measure criteria, students may be placed directly in transfer-level or transfer-level with concurrent support English and mathematics courses.
- Students must have an application on file in order to complete the placement process, unless you are assessing for another college. Submit an application at miracosta.edu/apply.
- We are excited to share that California State Law AB 705 gives more students the opportunity to enroll directly in transfer-level (or transfer-level with support) math and English courses via the placement process.
- Contact the Testing Office at 760.795.6685 or email@example.com if you have questions or need more information.
Testing Services also houses the Academic Proctoring Center, a unique test proctoring service for students. Matriculation, Assessment and Academic Proctoring are available at the two Oceanside campuses and the San Elijo campus locations.
- You must have an Application for Admission on file before you assess unless you are assessing for another college. (A fee of $30 is charged if taking MiraCosta College assessments for another college).
- Valid photo ID is required to take assessments and to pick up assessment scores.
- Assessments do not require an appointment. See When can I take the Assessments?.
- You are strongly encouraged to review before you assess. See How can I prepare for the Assessments?.
- Students or community members with verified disabilities are entitled to appropriate accommodations. For specific details, contact the Disabled Students Programs and Services Office at 760-795-6658 or visit their website at MiraCosta College - Disabled Students Program & Services (DSPS).
We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career. Please do not hesitate to call 760-795-6685 or email if we can be of any assistance!
Testing Dept., M/S 10B
1 Barnard Drive
Oceanside, CA 92056
Office Locations at all 3 campuses!
Testing Office, and Academic Proctoring Center,
Bldg 3300, Rm 3334
Testing Office and Academic Proctoring Center,
San Elijo Campus
Bldg 100, Rm 101
P 760.944.4449 ext. 7752
Testing Office, Community Learning Center
Bldg C, Rm 137
P 760.757.2121 ext. 8841
Testing & Academic Proctoring Center now on Facebook!