Facilitated Learning Sessions
- What is a Facilitated Learning Session (FLS)?
- What are the benefits of a Facilitated Learning Session?
What is a Facilitated Learning Session (FLS)?
The concept of Facilitated Learning Sessions is rooted in "best retention practices". We utilize veteran tutors as facilitators of learning groups. Student groups meet weekly for academic support sessions linked to specific classes. Faculty, staff, and students work collaboratively to critically analyze course content and improve understanding of complex material. Students have the opportunity to become actively involved in the course material and to discover study and test preparation strategies appropriate for the course.
What are the benefits of a Facilitated Learning Session?
- Better understanding of subject
- Specific assistance with course related assignments
- Ability to critically analyze course material
- Academic success in the class upon completion of the FLS
- Increased or open communication with instructor
- Improved study and time management skills, Reduced college anxiety
- Positive learning experience, Maximum use of your campus resources
- Exposure to TASC Services
- Opportunity to improve communication skills within a group setting