Students receiving GI Bill benefits are subject to the following general policies:
- You will need to declare an education objective when initially applying for your benefits at MiraCosta College. This may be either an Associate Degree or as a Transfer student. If you declare Transfer, you will need to indicate the school to which you desire to transfer.
- You may change your program as many times as you wish.
- You will need to meet with an academic counselor to obtain an education plan each time you change programs. We will report all program changes to the Veterans Administration and notify them how much credit you have already achieved towards your new goal.
- You need to make satisfactory progress toward your stated degree objective. These standards are to found in the MiraCosta College Catalog. The lack of maintaining satisfactory progress may result in termination of benefits.
- All of your prior college work needs to be evaluated for prior credit reporting. MiraCosta College allows one semester without this report. For your benefit, it is best to order your transcripts from previous colleges immediately.
- You will need to report any adds, drops, changes of address, etc. to the Veterans Office personnel.