Languages, Communication, and Humanities
Are you inspired by the use of language and communication to shed light on global issues, struggles, and stories? Would you like to build a world where people connect to each other through language, ideas, and cultural expression?
- The knowledge and skills gained through the Languages, Communication, and Humanities ACP will prepare you for career and transfer opportunities in a broad range of fields, such as teaching, translation and interpretation, journalism, media, entertainment, marketing, public relations, government, international business, international relations, and law.
Careers in Languages, Communication, and Humanities *
- Teachers, professors, and educators.
- Diplomats, Foreign Service officers, lawyers, and historians.
- Language interpreters, translators, and linguists.
- Publishers, journalists, writers, copywriters, and public relations, advertising, and marketing professionals.
*Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Chelsea Chavira-Verdin, a former MiraCosta College student who now works as a secretary in the counseling office at the Oceanside Campus, certainly has the credentials. As a student, she served as president of the Gay Straight Alliance, now called the Gender Sexuality Alliance, and was instrumental in establishing an endowed LGBTQIA scholarship. For the past year or so she’s volunteered as a certified advocate for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault with the Women’s Resource Center, responding to hospitals when there is a reported sexual assault. During her free time, she and her husband, Jordan, have ventured into the desert with Border Angels, a humanitarian group perhaps best known for strategically leaving behind water bottles accessible to immigrants crossing the U.S./Mexico border. And next fall she hopes to begin her master’s program in marriage and family therapy before launching a new career in working with victims of trauma. READ MORE ABOUT CHELSEA.
Programs of Study
KEY: Certificate of Proficiency Certificate of Achievement Associate Degree Bachelor's Degree
|Program of Study||Programs||Sequence|
|Communication||Communication Studies for Transfer||MAP|
|English||Englis Lit Major Prep||MAP|
|English for Transfer||MAP|
|French||Frech (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Italian||Italian (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities||Liberal Arts: Arts & Humanities|
|Spanish||Career Spanish for Medical Personnel|
|Spanish for Trnsfer (CSU GE)||MAP|
|Spanish for Transfer (IGETC)||MAP|
**These maps are suggested sequences for course completion. Please consult a counselor to first complete an educational plan.
Not Sure which major to choose? Explore your options here.