Find an On-Campus Job
To access on-campus job openings, create your JAIN account here!
There are two different types of student employee positions on campus, district paid jobs, and jobs paid through workstudy. District paid jobs = department hiring student pays for student’s wages through MiraCosta’s district budget. Jobs paid through work study = student’s wages are paid through Financial Aid (Federal Work Study) or CalWORKs in EOPS. All student employees are paid $12.00 per hour. If your position is paid through workstudy you must be enrolled in at least 6 units. If you are applying for a district paid position, you must be enrolled in 6 units, OR enrolled in at least 1 unit of work experience or internship studies.
Follow these Step-by-Step Procedures to apply for Federal Work Study. For additional information on qualifying for Federal Work Study or CalWORKs work study, please visit the Financial Aid website or the CalWORKs website.
All MiraCosta College student workers should become familiar with the Student Worker Manual (PDF). This manual was developed to aid you, the student, in understanding the policies and procedures associated with working at MiraCosta College.
Find an Off-Campus Job
To access off-campus job openings, create your JAIN account here!
We offer job search support through our free workshops on researching and identifying employment opportunities, preparing professional resumes and cover letters, and interviewing techniques. We also offer access to a number of web-based employment sites, and a variety of electronic resources in our career lab. No appointment is necessary to use the lab; however, if you'd like to attend a workshop or make an appointment with a staff member, call 760.795.6772.
- Job Search Boot Camp (PPT): Slides 23-27 cover The Interview.
- Template for a 1-Minute Commercial
- Interview Tips & Questions: Includes Tips for Interviewing, Sample Interview Questions, Scenarios, and Questions to Ask During the Interview.
Employment Search Engines
- Glass Door - jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies.
- Indeed.com - Search jobs by part- or full-time status, title, industry, or city
- JustJobs - Search jobs by title and city and get job search advice
- Monster - Entry level jobs for college graduates and career blogs and advice
- SimplyHired – Search jobs by category, title, or city
- SnagAJob.com - Hourly (part-time) employment; search by ZIP code
Industry-Specific and Specialty Sites
- Care.com - Child care, tutoring & senior care jobs
- EdJoin.org - Education jobs
- FitnessJobs.com - Fitness Industry jobs
- High Tech Industry (DICE) - Technical employment jobs
- OutForWork.org - Employment opportunities and information for the LGBTQIA+ community
- SD County Office of Education Job Listings – Teaching and other jobs working for San Diego County Schools (payroll, health services tech, etc.)
- Women Employed - Employment opportunities and information for women in the workforce
State Jobs and Federal Jobs
- California/Government Job Listings - State jobs and required exams
- Federal Government Job Listings - Official US federal government employment site
Videos on this Topic