Have an event plan/idea related to faculty cultural competency that you'd like DEqCC to support? Fill out our endorsement form before our next meeting (see schedule below) for consideration!
Diversity, Equity and Cultural Competence Committee's (DEqCC) Mission
As advisors and consultants to the Academic Senate, the Diversity, Equity and Cultural Competence Committee (DEqCC) provides faculty resources to increase cultural competence and strive for cultural proficiency.
- Sustain a cultural competency training program
- Advise faculty on matters of diversity, equity, and cultural competency
- Offer PDP cultural competency workshops and activities
- Consult with PG&E on matters of faculty evaluation related to cultural competency
- Report to the Academic Senate and/or President on primacy issues pertaining to diversity, equity, and cultural competency
Six to nine faculty serve two-year renewable terms, which should be staggered to minimize turnover from year to year. Members elect a chair to serve a two-year term.
DEqCC meets the following dates below from 11:00am to 1:00pm, the room varies based on the date. The Agenda is emailed/posted at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
- September 6, 2019 (OC 3504) | Agenda
- September 27, 2019 (OCT 520) | Agenda
- October 25, 2019 (OC 3504) | Agenda
- November 22, 2019 (OC 3504) | Agenda
- December 6, 2019 (OC 3504) | Agenda
- Dates coming soon
Committee Chair, Nery Chapeton-Lamas at nchapetonLamas@miracosta.edu or 760.757.2121 x6906