As advisors and consultants to the Academic Senate, the Diversity, Equity, & Cultural Competency (DEqCC) committee provides faculty resources to increase cultural competence and attain cultural proficiency.
- Sustain a cultural competency training program
- Advise faculty on matters of diversity, equity, and cultural competency
- Offer PDP cultural competency workshops and activities
- Consult with PG&E on matters of faculty evaluation related to cultural competency
- Report to the Academic Senate and/or President on primacy issues pertaining to diversity, equity, and cultural competency
Six to nine faculty serve two-year renewable terms, which should be staggered to minimize turnover from year to year. Members elect a chair to serve a two-year term.
DEqCC generally meets the 4th Fridays of each month, 12:00 to 2:00 pm, in OC 1252/1257 (see web page for details). Agendas are emailed at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting.
Committee Chair, Edward Pohlert at email@example.com or 760.757.2121 ext. 6345.