Orientation and Onboarding for new and returning students is offered by our Noncredit Student Success and Support Program (NCSSSP). The purpose of the NCSSSP program is to increase student access and success by providing effective core services, including orientation, placement, academic counseling, advising, and early intervention as a foundation for students to achieve their goals.
Orientation Is Open To All Continuing Education Students!
Orientation is a great way for you to be introduced to the college and learn more about everything we offer. Orientation is highly recommended but not required to enroll in classes.
To attend a LIVE orientation via Zoom or in person, or to access orientation online at your own pace, go to miracosta.edu/clcorientation to sign up.
Adult High School (AHS) Onboarding Services
You can earn credit towards your Adult High School Diploma by providing transcripts of any other school you have attended. As part of the Adult High School Orientation you will also be asked to complete a “Multiple Measures” form which asks about classes you may have already taken at other schools. Our counselors can work with you to decide which classes you need to take based on your school history and your goals. We recommend that you send official copies of your transcripts to our Admissions and Records office (address below) as soon as possible. You can contact our Admissions and Records office at 760.795.8710 for assistance.
Attn: Noncredit Admissions and Records
MiraCosta College Community Learning Center
1831 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92058
Offered online via SURF and is self-paced. Login with your student SURF ID and Password. You will see the Adult High School Orientation in your ‘Tasks’ tile as a to-do list item. Completing orientation can help you understand some of the requirements to graduate and other important information that will help set you up for success!
Steps for completing Adult High School Orientation
We also host LIVE weekly "Orientations" in person and via Zoom to help you with any questions you may have about orientation or anything else. Orientation offers an opportunity to meet friendly staff and faculty who want to offer assistance with any question you may have, from registering for classes to preparing for the first day of class. Click on the link to sign up for our next Orientation!
- Go to www.miracosta.edu
- Click on "SURF" at the top of the screen and then click on “Log In”
- Type in your SURF ID number (this begins with the W) and SURF Password that you set up in Step 1, and then click “Login”
- Click on the tile that reads "Tasks.” You will see a “To Do List” of items, click on “Adult High School Orientation”
- You are now in "Step 1 of 4: Introduction," click on the "Next" button on the top right side of the screen
- You are now in "Step 2 of 4: Adult High School Orientation," click on "Launch Orientation in Canvas." This will open up a new window in Canvas where you will access the AHS Online Orientation presentation.
- You can either watch the recorded video or click through the Orientation "Modules"
- After going through the presentation make sure to complete the "AHS Orientation Quiz"
- Come back to the SURF window in "Step 2 of 4: Adult High School Orientation" click on "Mark Orientation Completed"
- After clicking on "Mark Orientation Completed," click on the "Next" button on the top right side of the screen
- You are now in "Step 3 of 4: Noncredit Multiple Measures." This form gives us an idea about your high school Math and English level history so that we can help you select which classes to take”. Answer each question as best as you can and click "Submit Form," and then click on "Next" on the top right side of the screen
- You are now in the final step "Step 4 of 4: Complete Task," click on the "Submit" button on the top right side of the screen to complete the Adult High School Orientation.
Noncredit English as a Second Language (ESL) Onboarding Services
Please call 760.795.8736 or email email@example.com to schedule a Placement test to determine your ESL learning level. There are a variety of classes available to you depending upon your goals and needs.
Orientation is offered LIVE via Zoom, in person or online at your own pace. Orientations are currently available in English and Spanish and contain valuable information to help you be successful. All language are welcomed and we will do our best to serve everyone! Once you sign-up for orientation, you will also be given access to our self-paced online orientation in Canvas. Sign-up for Orientation here.
You can meet with our Noncredit Counselors to discuss your academic and career goals. They can also help you address personal issues. For more information about Noncredit Counseling or to make an appointment please visit the Counseling website.
You should meet with a Noncredit Counselor to discuss which classes you should take before you register. Your Counselor can also help you come up with an educational plan that takes into account your long term education and/or career goals. It is important to check in with your Counselor throughout your time in the program to make sure you stay on track and get connected to any resources or additional support you might need. For more information about Noncredit Counseling or to make an appointment please visit the Counseling website.
If you have any questions about NCSSSP or our onboarding and orientation services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 757-2121 x8757.